“Perfect in every way”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keswick
Badgers Wood Guest House
Ranked #39 of 189 Keswick B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I'm a keen fell walker, and have been visiting Keswick for many years. I've stayed in several guest houses during that period, but Badgers Wood is without doubt the best of all. It's always spotlessly clean, it's comfortable, and the location is ideal if you want to be close to all Keswick's amenities. The hosts (Anne & Andy), as well as being friendly and helpful, will always show an interest in what you're doing, whatever your reason for visiting Keswick. The breakfasts are excellent with plenty of choice, so if you're staying for a while, you won't get bored with the food. All in all it's a great place to stay, and I can't speak too highly of it. If I'm planning on spending some time in Keswick, I will now always check on availability at Badgers Wood. Thanks once again guys!

Room Tip: If you're looking for a single room, ask for "Birch" as it has excellent views of the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Badgers Wood Guest House

Reviewed 1 May 2014

This B& B has it all and my four nights here are one among the top experiences on my seven week stay in Britain. Ann & Andrew are lovely hosts, warm and welcoming; I felt like I was their personal guest all though! They gave me valuable advice for a beautiful walk in the region and were eager to hear about my trips so that they could advice other travelers too. The breakfast was sumptuous and delicious. The room was spotless, cozy and had lovely views of the mountains. Oh, and everything smelt just wonderful here - I bugged Ann for the secret, she told me it was a regular supermarket freshener. Maybe it needs the Ann effect to work in my house ;) I fell in love with the Lake District and if I come back here, I'm heading straight for Badgers Wood!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Another great stay at Badgers Wood, If you stay here you will not be disappointed,
Friendly guest house, very clean and breakfasts great.
Great location very local to town centre.
We will definitely be back
Cheers for a great stay

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We just returned from a 4 nights stay at Badgers Wood. We stayed in a double room situated at the front of the house, which has amazing views of the mountains. The B&B is spotless clean and Andrew and Anne are great hosts providing us with loads of advise for exploring the region. The B&B is well located: 2 mn walk from the centre of Keswick. Anne cooks a lovely breakfast using local produce...special notes for the great poached eggs (even if not on the menu!). We will come back to Badgers wood in our next visit to the Lake District!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank mariehelenearnaud
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Just returned from a great 2 night stay at this B&B. Very convenient location with breathtaking views at the front. All 4 of us really enjoyed our stay (one of our party was a returnee). Andrew and Anne were friendly and great hosts. The rooms were very comfortable, and we all enjoyed our different breakfast choices. Hope to return soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2013

From beginning to end, our stay was impeccable! Our time in Keswick started with Andrew meeting us at the bus station and escorting us to the B&B. He eagerly assisted with our luggage. Our son had just thrown up on the bus, and Andrew laundered his dirty shirt and cleaned his backpack. So, in our crisis, our needs were perfectly met.

The room and bathroom could not have been cleaner. Andrew gave us a quick explanation of how everything worked. We needed it, being from the USA. Our room had a marvelous view. Over the roofs of other buildings, we could see the lake and the mountains. Below, we could see the sidewalk and enjoyed watching locals walk their dogs.

The location was perfect. An easy 5 minute walk to the center of town and to the bus station. And Andrew had plenty of advice for where to go on hiking adventures. He knows the area very well. The B&B also has numerous guide books that you can borrow for planning. Andrew was kind enough to make copies of what we needed to make our way around.

Our breakfast was made to order, timely, piping hot and very delicious.

** Very important: We were 3 people on this trip. In reviewing the website, it appeared that no rooms would accommodate us. I emailed anyway and found that they could convert a double to a triple. Also, they have a single room, well-priced, for a single traveler.

Room Tip: Email or call if you need a triple.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My bed was very comfortable, my room was warm and clean, the shower worked perfectly, there were super views (when the mist lifted!). Anne and Andrew were very welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable. Breakfasts were great, although I would have liked porridge (but to be fair I didn't ask). Although the lovely town of Keswick was just down the road the house seemed very peaceful. I think Anne and Andrew are very experienced at running a guest house, they made us feel very much at home. I would definitely like to go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family