“Friendly and immaculate”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keswick
Badgers Wood Guest House
Ranked #37 of 175 Keswick B&B and Inns
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Friendly and immaculate”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I chose this B and B because Rick Steve recommended it. Andrew and Anne were very efficient and friendly with their email correspondence. From the moment we knocked on the door we were welcomed warmly and shown up to our beautiful room. Andrew insisted on carrying our bags up the stairs. We were a bit worried about parking in a congested street, but Andrew found us off-street parking, so no problems there. I have special dietary needs which they met with no problem. Andrew and Anne could not do enough to make us comfortable; we soon felt as if we were staying with friends. Our room was spotless and very tastefully decorated; the bed was comfortable and the plumbing good. The location was good: close to the shops and near enough for easy walks to the lake. Thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I chose this B&B because it was one of Rick Steve's recommendations. The hosts Anne and Andrew always responded quickly to emails I sent for advice on planning my visit to the Lake District. The B&B is located on a quiet street just 5 minutes from the train station. My single room was small but had a little alcove with a chair in it that made it feel bigger. Very clean, comfortable bed, hearty breakfasts. Did not get to meet Anne but Andrew could not have been more welcoming or helpful with information on the buses. If I ever get back to the Lake District I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Badgerswood, Owner at Badgers Wood Guest House, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Anne was disappointed not to have seen you as your early morning departures to catch local buses took place at the same time as she was preparing our other guests breakfasts We do rather enjoy assisting our guests with travel or sightseeing plans to make their time with us as productive as possible. The two two smaller en-suite single rooms we have are so popular, being fully booked up to 3 months in advance, which provide the solo traveller with best value accommodation when compared with the expensive cost of a double bedroom for single person occupancy.
Cornwall, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Terrific B &B. Very kind and helpful hosts. Great breakfasts. Very glad we decided to stay there. Would do it again in a heartbeat. Room was very well equipped. Great wireless internet service. We had a great time in Keswick.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Goodwins95
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I'm a keen fell walker, and have been visiting Keswick for many years. I've stayed in several guest houses during that period, but Badgers Wood is without doubt the best of all. It's always spotlessly clean, it's comfortable, and the location is ideal if you want to be close to all Keswick's amenities. The hosts (Anne & Andy), as well as being friendly and helpful, will always show an interest in what you're doing, whatever your reason for visiting Keswick. The breakfasts are excellent with plenty of choice, so if you're staying for a while, you won't get bored with the food. All in all it's a great place to stay, and I can't speak too highly of it. If I'm planning on spending some time in Keswick, I will now always check on availability at Badgers Wood. Thanks once again guys!

Room Tip: If you're looking for a single room, ask for "Birch" as it has excellent views of the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Pune, India
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This B& B has it all and my four nights here are one among the top experiences on my seven week stay in Britain. Ann & Andrew are lovely hosts, warm and welcoming; I felt like I was their personal guest all though! They gave me valuable advice for a beautiful walk in the region and were eager to hear about my trips so that they could advice other travelers too. The breakfast was sumptuous and delicious. The room was spotless, cozy and had lovely views of the mountains. Oh, and everything smelt just wonderful here - I bugged Ann for the secret, she told me it was a regular supermarket freshener. Maybe it needs the Ann effect to work in my house ;) I fell in love with the Lake District and if I come back here, I'm heading straight for Badgers Wood!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Middlesbrough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Another great stay at Badgers Wood, If you stay here you will not be disappointed,
Friendly guest house, very clean and breakfasts great.
Great location very local to town centre.
We will definitely be back
Cheers for a great stay

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

We just returned from a 4 nights stay at Badgers Wood. We stayed in a double room situated at the front of the house, which has amazing views of the mountains. The B&B is spotless clean and Andrew and Anne are great hosts providing us with loads of advise for exploring the region. The B&B is well located: 2 mn walk from the centre of Keswick. Anne cooks a lovely breakfast using local produce...special notes for the great poached eggs (even if not on the menu!). We will come back to Badgers wood in our next visit to the Lake District!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo