We spent three nights in august at the King's Head.
The staff were pleasant. Blaze (his translated name) was very professional.
Our room had a strange smell.....not exactly mould but perhaps something to mask the smell of mould. There were a couple of spiders in the room, not good for me, I'm terrified of them.
We had a modern sort-of-four-poster bed. It squeaked whenever we moved and needs attention.
The breakfasts were great and the (breakfast) dining room is delightful.
Our room key had a great big, ignorant attachment, too big for my handbag.
My evening bar meal was pretty awful, chicken (sort of boiled, no sauce, seasonings, nothing) and a great number of french fries.
We paid the same price elsewhere and received considerably better service all round.More