“Best B&B ever!”

Ranked #35 of 173 Keswick B&B and Inns
Rhyl, United Kingdom
“Best B&B ever!”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Not being one to stay in a lot of B&B's during my frequent trips away, I happened upon the best B&B I have ever had the pleasure to stay in. I love Keswick as a town and have holidayed there with my family on numerous occasions over the past few years, so when I was asked to carry out some work in the area I jumped at the chance.
The excellent welcome from the owners started before I had left the house with a friendly text message to wish me a safe journey (especially pertinent considering the inclement weather that was blasting the country!)
When I arrived I was greeted by Deb, who treated me like she had known me for years. I was shown to my immaculately clean room before being asked if I would like a drink. Deb then brought me a pot of tea with a selection of cakes before leaving me to crack on with some work.
Feeling very much at home I worked and relaxed a while before enjoying the delights of Keswick's bars and restaurants.
After a very sound sleep I was greeted by an excellent early breakfast (thanks to Deb getting up early to make it!). The cooked breakfast was excellent and indeed set me up for a long day, the attention to detail and the choice was fantastic.
I will definitely be staying at Dunsford House again and will be bringing the family next time as my wife will fall in love with the place! Thank you Deb and Keith for your friendly welcome and for a fantastic stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We have just returned from two nights at the Dunsford and I can honestly say it is the best B&B we have ever stayed at. The rooms are spotlessly clean the breakfast was amazing and the hosts Deb & Keith made us very welcome cant wait to return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

We spent a lovely weekend break in this wonderful B&B. The owners Deb & Keith made us feel at home right from the start. They have four very nice rooms. Ours was impeccably clean with so many little surprises. The cooked breakfast is amazing and a selection of fruits, cereal etc that most hotels and B&Bs can only dream of. We will certainly be back!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We have just returned from another excellent short break at the Dunsford. We will always return to this guest house as there are just none to match it. Delightful hosts, comfortable and spotless accomation, excellent breakfast, the best location to be based, and superb value for money.
Just book an experience for yourself!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Harbor Springs, Michigan
Reviewed 13 October 2013

On our three-week vacation in Great Britain, midway through our stay, we have thus far stayed at four different B & Bs. in England, Wales, and Scotland. Of these four, all recommended by Rick Steves, the Dunsford Guest House was the best. The accommodations were quite comfortable, but what really stood out was the wonderful hospitality of our hostess, Deb Graham. Now in her third year of operating a B & B, she continues to exhibit enthusiasm and genuine interest in her guests. Halfway through our three week stay in the UK, we have learned that the typical B & B breakfast is a monotonous choice each morning of eggs, bacon, sausage, and potatoes, with a choice of tomatoes and mushrooms. Deb's breakfast, however, was more elegant, with a sidebar of cold cereals, yogurt, and a variety of fruit choices. The entire guest house was very clean, with fresh flowers througout.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Deb and Keith run a wonderful B&B. Deb prepared tea for us upon our arrival and gave us advice about hikes and bus service to other areas of the Lake District. Breakfast was delicious, freshly prepared to our liking. Deb apologized about our small room, but no matter. It was clean and pretty, and was no less than we needed. Stanger Street is very convenient to shopping, bus service, restaurants, and hiking. No need to stay anywhere else! Cindy D.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Blackpool
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Just got back from a 2 night stay at the Dunsford guest house,all I can say it was a pleasure from start to finish.The owners Deb and Keith are very welcoming and nothing is too much trouble.

We requested a certain room which we were given and it was excellent very clean, Deb also made us coffee with a piece of cake which we thought was a really nice touch thanks.

Breakfast is between 8:30 - 9:00 but I think if you wanted an earlier one it could be arranged.
The breakfast was one of the best breakfast's that we have had,also there is a great selection of fruit and cereals.

If you are after a very clean guest house,ideally situated within walking distance of the town centre and where nothing is too much trouble from the owners,then you will not go wrong at the Dunsford.

Once again thank you for a very enjoyable stay this weekend Rick + Denise x

Room Tip: Grasmere is a nice room on the front elevation.