“Fantastic Place.”

Ranked #31 of 176 Keswick B&B and Inns
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Let me tell you, you will NOT find a better B&B anywhere. We have stayed here on numerous occasions and have never been disappointed.
The Hosts Deb, Keith & Charlotte are the friendliest people we have come across anywhere, nothing is too much bother and they go over and above the call of duty to ensure your stay is as enjoyable as it could be.

The rooms are immaculate in both decor and fittings and spotlessly clean, warm and comfortable with loads of little extras such as fruit and sweets that you don't find in many other places.

The Breakfasts are the best we have had anywhere - Bar none. Loads of fresh fruit,cereals and yoghurt followed by a fantastic breakfast of locally sourced ingredients - and they are locally sourced as I have witnessed them being delivered - By LOCAL People.
So, If you are looking for accommodation in Keswick look no further than Dunsford as you will not find better and you certainly wont be disappointed.

Cant wait for our next visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Blacklee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lancashire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Just had a fabulous weekend in the best b&b in keswick.Deb & Keith were the friendliest hosts we have ever come across. The moment we arrived we were given a warm welcome. The b&b is spotless, the rooms are great, lots of extras that you don't normally get in the room.The breakfast is excellent, plenty of choice and well presented. Looking forward to a return visit. Will recommended to friends.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

- Great location, in a quiet street just a minute's walk from the town centre.

- Deb made us feel that any way she could help us, she would.

- Free parking at the rear.

- Fantastic attention to detail.

- Nice selection to choose from at breakfast. Full English is very tasty.

- Extremely clean.

- Very comfortable room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

First and foremost I wish to thank Deb and Keith for a truly lovely stay. From the moment that we arrived and were welcomed in we immediately knew that our stay was going to be an enjoyable one.

My partner had booked a two night stay as a treat for our joint Birthdays and I can guarantee he couldn’t have chosen a better place.

The whole guest house was immaculate. Our room was really tastefully decorated and well equipped. Not only did we have complimentary tea (many varieties I hasten to add!) and coffee, we had a bottle of water each (replaced the next day too!) along with hot chocolate, marshmallows and biscuits.

The bathroom is small but perfectly formed! Again, immaculate, but with all the little extras such as shampoo, shower gel, shower hat etc. The towels are so soft!

Breakfast was also brilliant both mornings. On the Saturday morning Deb presented us with our full English breakfast along with a birthday candle on each! One of many lovely touches.
We tucked into a vast selection of fresh fruit and yogurts and then a delicious fry up! There was a selection of juice, cereals, yoghurts and all sorts of condiments. The breakfast certainly set us up for our walk that morning.

The weather wasn’t ideal to say the least but this didn’t at all affect our weekend. We got (very!) wet on a walk and had to cut it short. We were greeted back at the guest house by Deb and Keith who were very helpful. A bag had been left for us to leave our ‘wet gear’ in. Deb and Keith very kindly dried our clothes. Four lots of paper later (thank you Keith!), our boots were still slightly wet, but this didn’t come as a surprise as Deb stated that we probably set the record for the wettest boots!

Upon getting back to our room, we were incredibly touched to find that we had been left a Birthday card each, a drink each (wine for me and beer for my partner) and some crisps. Where else would you get such treatment and attention to detail?

Both Deb and Keith are extremely friendly, attentive hosts and really have thought of everything. Nothing was too much trouble and it really made for a lovely Birthday break.

Again, many thanks for your hospitality. We’ve already been raving about and recommending the Dunsford Guest House to friends and family.

We look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

We booked a weekend here for my birthday. The b&b was spotless we were greeted by Deb upon arrival who gave us tea and cake. The location is just a few minutes walk to the town with parking at the rear of the b&b. the breakfast was lovely, cereal, fruit and a cooked breakfast. Hosts Deb and Keith both lovely. There are walking sticks and umbrellas left in the porch for guests to use which can in very handy for our walk up Cat Bells. This will be my first choice for my next stay in Keswick.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Worcester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

A gem of a find. If your looking for a guest house then stop your search is over. After a long drive from the Worcester we were met by the most friendliest of welcomes by Deb who provided us fantastic tea and biscuits on arrival. We had one of the top floor rooms which was immaculately clean with lovely personal touches fresh fruit, beverage's including little marshmallows to make luxury hot choc! Deb also left a lovely surprise in our room on our second day as it was my birthday. Breakfast was outstanding with fresh fruits, cereals, yoghurts, juice and full English breakfast. Deb and Keith are wonderful hosts with a great local knowledge should you need any help and advice. Deb kindly wrote us some instructions for our walk up Latrigg. We hope to return in the future and will be recommending to friends and family.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Rhyl, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Not being one to stay in a lot of B&B's during my frequent trips away, I happened upon the best B&B I have ever had the pleasure to stay in. I love Keswick as a town and have holidayed there with my family on numerous occasions over the past few years, so when I was asked to carry out some work in the area I jumped at the chance.
The excellent welcome from the owners started before I had left the house with a friendly text message to wish me a safe journey (especially pertinent considering the inclement weather that was blasting the country!)
When I arrived I was greeted by Deb, who treated me like she had known me for years. I was shown to my immaculately clean room before being asked if I would like a drink. Deb then brought me a pot of tea with a selection of cakes before leaving me to crack on with some work.
Feeling very much at home I worked and relaxed a while before enjoying the delights of Keswick's bars and restaurants.
After a very sound sleep I was greeted by an excellent early breakfast (thanks to Deb getting up early to make it!). The cooked breakfast was excellent and indeed set me up for a long day, the attention to detail and the choice was fantastic.
I will definitely be staying at Dunsford House again and will be bringing the family next time as my wife will fall in love with the place! Thank you Deb and Keith for your friendly welcome and for a fantastic stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business