We were lucky to get a room in this as all b&bs were full. The man on check in was quite helpful and gave us last available room on this particular evening. The room was big and appeared nice and clean. We were late getting down for dinner at about 8.40p.m. Twenty minutes before last orders, the girl behind the bar was very friendly, however the two waiters were not, they were not interested in taking orders or helping you find a seat. After sitting for about ten minutes and the staff walking by numerous times we got up and left. The next morning we could hear every one move around in the hotel, in and out of rooms and up and down the stairs. Breakfast was in the bar area. We came in and gave our order very quickly, two more tables came after us and got their cooked breakfast before us, ours did not arrive for a long time.
We enquired if there was availability for the next night and the man behind the counter who appeared to be a manager had very little interest so we decided not to waste our money. On check out we did not even get a smile never mind asked if everything was ok!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Oak at Keswick is a welcoming pub offering great home-cooked food and accommodation in the vibrant market town of Keswick, which is situated on the lakeside North of Derwentwater in Cumbria's Lake District. The Royal Oak at Keswick offers a pleasing blend of pub, restaurant and hotel rooms with a well stocked bar and a varied menu of freshly prepared produce and seasonal ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your The Royal Oak at Keswick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Keswick Hotel Keswick
- The Royal Oak At Keswick Lake District