We stayed Friday and Saturday night at the Keswick Lodge - gorgeous hotel in a great pedestrian location. There are a couple of long stay carparks only a few minutes walk away which cost £7 to cover the 8am to 7pm period. You can pay after 7pm for the next day if you don't want to get up early.
Not a cheap weekend away but everwhere in the lake district is expensive.
We didn't have a meal at the lodge as there was so much choice in the village but the breakfast was fantastic with a great choice.
After reading reviews warning about tiny rooms we paid a little extra for a junior suite and we were given room 2 which was huge and very tastefully decorated.
A nice touch was the thermos of fresh milk for your room.
The staff were very friendly and helpful - they will even fill your thermos with coffee!
Would definately stay here again if we wanted to stay in the area in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Oak at Keswick is a welcoming pub offering great home-cooked food and accommodation in the vibrant market town of Keswick, which is situated on the lakeside North of Derwentwater in Cumbria's Lake District. The Royal Oak at Keswick offers a pleasing blend of pub, restaurant and hotel rooms with a well stocked bar and a varied menu of freshly prepared produce and seasonal ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Oak at Keswick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Keswick Hotel Keswick
- The Royal Oak At Keswick Lake District