I booked this Inn as a suprise mid week away for our 34th wedding anniversary.
After reading some negative comments on trip advisor I wondered if I had done the right thing.
Well let me tell you that I certainly did.
Our room was clean, tidy and spacious. Being at the front of the building I was concerend about the reported noise from the market. I and my wife never heard a thing.
The staff and management went out of their way to make us feel welcome and we enjoyed two great breakfasts, (the full cumbrian) which set us up for the day ahead.
On the Thursday evening my wife opted for the Hotpot. The best she had ever had.
I was able to sample various real ales over the course of our two days and was not dissapointed with any of them.
We have stayed in hotels costing double of that which we paid here, and had much worse experiences.
Well done to Tim and all of the team at the Inn at keswick.
we will certainly be back. Great location, great service and a great experience. More than exceeded my expectaions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Oak at Keswick is a welcoming pub offering great home-cooked food and accommodation in the vibrant market town of Keswick, which is situated on the lakeside North of Derwentwater in Cumbria's Lake District. The Royal Oak at Keswick offers a pleasing blend of pub, restaurant and hotel rooms with a well stocked bar and a varied menu of freshly prepared produce and seasonal ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your The Royal Oak at Keswick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Keswick Hotel Keswick
- The Royal Oak At Keswick Lake District