Stayed at the Inn in Keswick for three nights last week and had a thoroughly good time.
Having read some reviews complaining about the small rooms and uneven flooring we took the plunge anyway. We found the small room with uneven flooring and bed at an angle to be charming and added character to the hotel. Yes the bed was firm but I slept well anyway. The room may not be modern but the extras in the room like toiletries and the fresh coffee sachets and galaxy hot chocolate was a nice change from unbranded cheap alternatives found in bigger chain hotels.
The staff were always polite and helpful and breakfast was superb. We ate dinner the first night here and the food was your normal bar food stuff. My wife hit it off with her pudding though as she asked for chocolate bread and butter pudding. A few minutes later the waiter came over apologising that there was none left, however he offered the sticky toffee pudding as an alternative. When asked if she wanted cream, ice cream or custard on her pudding, she answered yes please! Sure enough it came out with all three (cream and custard in separate jugs. She did say that it was the nicest sticky toffee pudding she had had in a long time.
Our last night was a bit noisy from the street below, but that would be the case whatever hotel you stayed in on the main street. You can’t blame the hotel for noisy revellers heading home.
For £60 B&B per night I would book again far preferring the quirky old building charm of this inn to the modern boxes with no character in chain hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Oak at Keswick is a welcoming pub offering great home-cooked food and accommodation in the vibrant market town of Keswick, which is situated on the lakeside North of Derwentwater in Cumbria's Lake District. The Royal Oak at Keswick offers a pleasing blend of pub, restaurant and hotel rooms with a well stocked bar and a varied menu of freshly prepared produce and seasonal ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Oak at Keswick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Keswick Hotel Keswick
- The Royal Oak At Keswick Lake District