A friend and I stayed in this hotel for three nighs in a small room on the second floor.There was a very small window with a view of walls and pipes. It was very warm and we had to use 2 fans to make it bearable. It was difficult to get the luggage upstairs and I had to ask for help. There was nowhere to sit when not in our room. The breakfasts were ok but we found the drinks were more expensive that nearby hotels. The staff were keen to please but we had to ask for extra coathangers and clean towels. The bathroom was not cleaned while we were there. The main advantage was the location - right in the centre of Keswick but parking was difficult. the wifi was poor in the room and only worked occasionally. The beds were so hard I could hardly sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Oak at Keswick is a welcoming pub offering great home-cooked food and accommodation in the vibrant market town of Keswick, which is situated on the lakeside North of Derwentwater in Cumbria's Lake District. The Royal Oak at Keswick offers a pleasing blend of pub, restaurant and hotel rooms with a well stocked bar and a varied menu of freshly prepared produce and seasonal ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Hotel.de, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Oak at Keswick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Keswick Hotel Keswick
- The Royal Oak At Keswick Lake District