We ate in The Inn as a family one evening and it was all very nice. The guys behind the bar were great, offering tasters of all the beers when I was being fussy deciding which one to have. They were knowledgable about what they were serving, which is something I love when purchasing real ales. The food was good too, standard good pub food, and priced for the location. I had the sausage patty, mainly cause it was made with local produce, but it was lovely. The rest of my party had Sunday dinners, with a choice of lamb or beef and they were a good size.
My only niggle is the fact that they allow dogs in here, as I hate them and cant imagine why anyone would want to share their meal with one. But as with lots of Keswick pubs, thats just something I have to get on with!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Oak at Keswick is a welcoming pub offering great home-cooked food and accommodation in the vibrant market town of Keswick, which is situated on the lakeside North of Derwentwater in Cumbria's Lake District. The Royal Oak at Keswick offers a pleasing blend of pub, restaurant and hotel rooms with a well stocked bar and a varied menu of freshly prepared produce and seasonal ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Oak at Keswick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Keswick Hotel Keswick
- The Royal Oak At Keswick Lake District