As a Keswick resident I was really pleased to see the hotel had been refurbished and had reverted to its original name. My friend and I visited shortly after it had reopen and were really impressed with the décor and service. Several weeks later we decided to have lunch there which however we found fairly disappointing. Having be advised to sit and as a waiter/waitress would come and take our order we waited 15 minutes ( it restaurant had no more than a dozen customers) for tis then a further 20 minutes before our drinks arrived and a further 20 minutes(making a total of 40 minutes) for our 2 sandwiches. the roast beef sanwich was medium rare as promised but lacked horseradish. my chicken caesar sandwich on the other hand was dire. Some dry chunks of chicken with some lettuce and fillets of anchovies with a smear of bottled caesar salad dressing just did not cut it. I struggled to find some positives to say as the accompanying garnish was also a bit limp and uninteresting .However the rye bread was very nice and the chips tasty and a happy smiley waitress. I shall give it another try so hopefully it will get better
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Oak at Keswick is a welcoming pub offering great home-cooked food and accommodation in the vibrant market town of Keswick, which is situated on the lakeside North of Derwentwater in Cumbria's Lake District. The Royal Oak at Keswick offers a pleasing blend of pub, restaurant and hotel rooms with a well stocked bar and a varied menu of freshly prepared produce and seasonal ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Oak at Keswick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Keswick Hotel Keswick
- The Royal Oak At Keswick Lake District