We have just returned from an overnight stay in room 8 at the Royal Oak finding the room itself pleasant enough but the noise from the stairs was unacceptable from other guests using the stairway both late at night and early in the morning.The soundproofing for the room needs to be improved if guests are to experience a restful might.
We did mention the problem when we checked out getting a non committal response which was disappointing and no apology . The rate for the room was towards the high end of hotels in the town. We didn't feel it was value for money compared to other hotels we have stayed in locally.
The hotel doesn't have any parking which is at a premium in Keswick. Be prepared to have to look for on street parking a short walk away. I didn't check that out when I booked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Oak at Keswick is a welcoming pub offering great home-cooked food and accommodation in the vibrant market town of Keswick, which is situated on the lakeside North of Derwentwater in Cumbria's Lake District. The Royal Oak at Keswick offers a pleasing blend of pub, restaurant and hotel rooms with a well stocked bar and a varied menu of freshly prepared produce and seasonal ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Oak at Keswick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Keswick Hotel Keswick
- The Royal Oak At Keswick Lake District