I am a fairly regular visitor to Cumbria and have visited the Keswick Lodge a few times in the past though only for dining and not staying.
As i was again visiting Cumbria, I decided to check out the accommodation at the Keswick lodge and booked a room using the on line facility.
Having arrived we were booked into one of the top floor rooms overlooking the square. First impressions of the room were good. Although not overly large,it was reasonably sized and it was clear that a great deal of thought had been put into designing the room layout so that all space could be maximised. The decor was modern with ceiling spots,pleasant colours and bedding (extra pillows would be nice !), a small wardrobe,a full length mirror and window seat. The bathroom was nicely fitted with a shower cubicle, a heated towel rail,good lighting and tiling. The washbasin had an unfortunate crack in it but no doubt this will be replaced at some stage. The bathroom also had an intelligent extractor fan which only operated when needed i.e variable speed to extract moisture/steam and was quiet in operation.None of the rattling and clanking which is so often a feature of bathroom fans ! There was a plentiful supply of hot water. There was an LCD tv ,pleasant lighting ,hair dryer and tea/coffee/biscuits tray. All in all,a nice ,cosy and comfortable room.
The other good plus points for me at this establishment are the very good selection of good quality food,the real ale selection (non of your fizzy pop here!),and last but not least,the very efficient,pleasant and attentive staff in the dining room.
Breakfast-excellent again. Good quality,plentiful,well cooked and efficient service once again.
Apparently free wifi is available in public areas..
All in all, a very good stay with no niggles of any great consequence.
Readers should note that this establishment,like many others in busy Keswick,doesn't have parking facilities. There are a few large car parks only a short walk away. The car parks are chargeable except that no charge is levied for the period from 1830-0830. Therefore any parking time which brings you past 1830 is automatically added to the next day from 0830. Check your ticket when you buy !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Oak at Keswick is a welcoming pub offering great home-cooked food and accommodation in the vibrant market town of Keswick, which is situated on the lakeside North of Derwentwater in Cumbria's Lake District. The Royal Oak at Keswick offers a pleasing blend of pub, restaurant and hotel rooms with a well stocked bar and a varied menu of freshly prepared produce and seasonal ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotel.de, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your The Royal Oak at Keswick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Keswick Hotel Keswick
- The Royal Oak At Keswick Lake District