“Great place to stay in Keswick”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cranford House

Cranford House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keswick
Cranford House
Ranked #123 of 176 Keswick B&B and Inns
Sherburn in Elmet, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay in Keswick”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

We chose Cranford House because of its 'no flowery wallpaper or ornaments' policy. It turned out to be a great choice. The owners are warm & friendly, rooms are great, and breakfast was excellent. It's also close to Keswick town centre, and a great base for exploring the Lakes. We've been there twice now and will hopefully be returning again soon.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank 558Tim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Scunthorpe, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

This is a good value b&b with friendly owners who are flexible and provide a hearty breakfast for walkers , cyclists and travellers alike.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank cheerzeazyd
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

I booked the Cranford as a proper walkers place. Friendly welcome, no nonsense accommodation, good breakfasts and flexible owners. i was not disappointed in any way and would recommend Cranford to anyone that is happy with a clean, low frills place.

Room Tip: Single room is superb value.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank 100Colin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

After running here from whitehaven we couldn't have been more warmly welcomed - was a lovely room with very comfortable beds. We would have loved a bath but these are pretty hard to come by at B&Bs these days. Really accommodating of our early start and laid on an early brekkie just for us! Would certainly go back here although I might be cycling next time!!

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Katerific
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

7 of us stayed here in September 2011 during our Sea to Sea bike ride. An exceptional B&B - terrific people and great accommodation and food.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Nigelew
Birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

I booked a one night stay here as I was stopping overnight in Keswick - a single room with a shared bathroom for £29. I chose Cranford House as they have a website and I could check availability online and email to book. I noticed later that they also advertise in waking magazines, and I think for walkers or cyclists this would be a good choice. They have loyal customers too - a chap I talked to at breakfast told me he heads up to the Lakes every year and he wouldn't stay anywhere else.

The b&b itself is a town house, about a five minute walk from the centre of Kewswick. There are streets and streets of them - many given over to being b&bs. So most rooms don't come with a view, and the rooms are also quite small due to the nature of the building. That said, the place is tastefully decorated, it's not fussy at all, and there are some fantastic photographs of Lake District scenes to have a look at if you're a bit disappointed with the view from your bedrom window!

Breakfast was fine. Carol and Kev were friendly and welcoming. There's tea and coffee in rooms of course, and there's a toiletries cupboard for people who might have forgotten something.

If I had to make some critisisms, the rooms are quite pushed for space. I think you would feel a bit 'boxed in' if you were planning to spend an evening in. I don't think there's a separate lounge area. And I was given a bathrobe to use with having a shared bathroom, which was rather old and bobbly and could probably do with being replaced.

I think overall their website gives a fair representation of Cranford House. It's good value and comfortable accommodation. I would be quite happy to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank janeywoo
Carnoustie, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

Cleanliness was obviously not an issue here, the website has lovely pictures but they don't live up to the reality, I'm glad I spent most of my time away at The Keswick Convention.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business