“Wonderful welcoming homely place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keswick
Allerdale House Keswick
Ranked #41 of 196 Keswick B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Barbara and Paul are great hosts, their establishment is immaculate and the garden is lovely.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ajothelea

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Have just returned from our second visit to Allerdale House and this is certainly the perfect place to stay in Keswick. Paul and Barbara have thought of everything to ensure their guests have a very comfortable stay. The breakfasts are excellent, with a really good choice and make a great start to the day.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MaizieLee
Reviewed 14 June 2012

On arrival we were greeted with smiles and a chat from Paul and Barbara. They were eager to share any information and made us completely at home. We had full access to a lounge room with books and games. On return from a seven hour walk and a hot bottle of water Barbara quickly offered some ice. The breakfast was extremely good with sausages, baked beans, egg, bacon. Mushrooms and tomato plus a choice of other specialised items. Try the soft muesli - yum. Book now and enjoy a perfect stay in Keswick.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sue T
Reviewed 12 June 2012

This was my second time staying at the Allerdale Guest House - that in itself tells you that it is the most welcoming and lovely place to stay! Barbara and Paul are fabulous hosts who keep an immaculate establishment and serve fantastic breakfasts (in fact Barbara's full English breakfast kept me energised for an 8 mile hike!) She was also kind enough to leave a wine glass in my room when she noted the wine bottle during the daily room service too! Thank you Barbara! Paul very kindly gave me his own simplified walk directions to Walla Crag - so that I didn't need map or detailed descriptions of the walk. The fact that Allerdale House has parking facilities is also an added bonus as parking in Keswick can be either tricky or costly! Thank you Barbara and Paul for yet another relaxing stay at your guest house - see you soon!

Room Tip: I have stayed in the single room with an en-suite bathroom, it is light, airy and comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Sue R
Reviewed 6 June 2012

To be honest, I did not research this accomodation before I went up to Keswick, just took a chance when I booked on line. I was staying for 3 nights. I instantly got a good feeling as I parked my car on arrival. The building & garden looked so well kept. I was very pleased to see that the inside was equally lovely, when I was taken round by Barbara on my arrival. My room, (5), was very clean and had everything I needed, the bed was very comfortable so had good nights sleep. Great service at all times was provided by Paul and Barbara. The breakfasts, I have to say, were extremely enjoyable. This guest house is in a great position, only a few minutes walk into the town. I would certainly recommend this place highly.

Andy from Wirral

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank andy_on_line
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Elegant rooms, gorgeous food, friendly, welcoming (but unobtrusive) service: what more do you want? Not the cheapest in town but worth every penny. An outstanding example of the British B&B tradition.

Room Tip: Rely on the friendly advice of your hosts.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ProsperoNewcastle
Reviewed 31 May 2012

My two Sons and I enjoyed a fantastic three night break at Allerdale House. Barbara and Paul are very warm welcoming hosts. The Hotel itself is a wonderful stone built building and is immaculately kept both inside and outside. The bathrooms and bedrooms are the most clean and spotless I have ever enjoyed - and its not just on arrival - they are spotlessly cleaned and tidied everyday. The standards here would put to shame many so called 5 star hotels in our major cities! Both Barbara and Paul gave us excellent advice re walks and places to eat. We did some great all day walks on the fells straight from the front door and really appreciated the offer of boot drying from Paul.If you go to Keswick then stay here! We all enjoyed the very well cooked and presented breakfasts. Again the service in the breakfast room is first class. If they wanted to then Barbara and Paul could earn a fortune training other B & B / hotel owners in how to get it right!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family