Allerdale House Keswick
Lodore Falls Hotel(Borrowdale)
US$274
US$242
TripAdvisor
All reviewspaul barbaralake districtguest houseoff street parkingexcellent hostson arrivalwarm welcomeour night staysecond visitexcellent stayroom was spotlessbed breakfastbreakfast was amazingfirst classset you up for the dayfresh fruitcooked to perfection
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I have stayed at this bed and Breakfast over the years when attending the Keswick Convention and it is an excellent place to stay. Breakfast is excellent and sets you up for the day. Excellent service from the hosts and brilliant customer service. If you stay you will see why it is so popular

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I just returned from 28 days in England, Scotland, and Ireland, and I can say enthusiatically that Allerdale House was the best place I stayed (and I even stayed in a castle on my trip)! Paul and Barbara are lovely hosts - friendly and helpful without being intrusive. The house is beautifully restored and my room was perfect. It's just close enough to downtown Kewsick to be an easy walk to everything and just far enough away to be peaceful. There's even a launderette a few blocks away. I had a terrific experience and I can't wait to come back and stay again - this B&B is wonderful!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mattyleighton
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed at Allerdale House for 5 nights last year. It was excellent then so I stayed for a weeks fellwalking this time and am pleased to report that standards have certainly not slipped. The single room was immaculately clean and comfortable. Great choice of starter for breakfast including a wonderful fresh fruit salad followed by full English, fresh and well cooked. Great location in a quiet street 5 minutes from town. Last but by no means least, Paul and Barbara are the perfect hosts. Full of helpful advice and local knowledge. When I mentioned that my knees were taking a bit of a battering coming down from the fells Paul suggested I try borrowing their walking pole - what a diffence it made so much so that I ended up buying a pair!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This is the second year of staying at allerdale house.stayed in the delux bedroom which was so spacious and as ever Paul & Barbara were attentive to our needs.Just part of a great group staying convention week.exceptionally clean accomodation and good locally sourced provisions for breakfast.Ask Paul for any local knowledge and He comes up trumps. The garden is small but so beautiful and with a sitting area is a bonus.House is local for the lake and town centre.Try the delightful walk along the disused railway and you will be able to eat and have a drink in either of the two pubs in the village.we will be back next year!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed in several bed and breakfasts during our 4 week stay in Great Britain. This was in our top two. We had a lovely room , bright and clean with a large bathroom. The whole property was beautifully maintained and was in a lovely area. There was parking for our car, although we didn't need to use it at all when we spent time right in Keswick. It was the perfect location to use as a home base while we were in the area. In addition to being close to everything in town, there was a coin laundromat just down the street. Breakfasts were fabulous. But we especially enjoyed our kind, friendly, and helpful hosts. We would highly recommend Allerdale House.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple