“Amazing Cafe!”

Saddleback Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I don't think you could ask for any more from a cafe. The hot drinks were good, strong tea and coffee and tasty hot chocolate; the cold drinks had a good selection, I particularly enjoyed the banana and honey smoothie. The food was also excellent. During our week in Keswick we ate here 3 times. Once for cake and drinks, once for breakfast and once for lunch. All 3 visits were outstanding. Breakfast was door step sandwiches filled to the brim with sausage and egg. For lunch we had a gorgeous special of goats cheese and walnut pasta. Yum, yum yum! The cakes were all home-made, and delicious. I took away a slice of the fantastic flapjack for the car journey home as it was so good.

The staff were fantastic too, asked questions about your plans for the day and actually had a conversation with you! We were given suggestions for pubs in nearby villages for our bike ride and when we came back the next day she even remembered to ask how we'd been.

I cannot recommend highly enough. They advertise packed lunches, and if we'd seen that earlier in the week we'd most definitely have tried them as they sounded fantastic value.

2  Thank Catherine2311

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

So glad we pooped in for a bite today, the food was delicious and the service / atmosphere matched. Vegan friendly too which I was delighted to find!! Will definitely be returning! 10/10 :-)

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I've visited the cafe several times for breakfast, They serve the best scrambled eggs in keswick!

Great food and very reasonably priced.

River views.

You must say hello to the dog that lives under the stairs... he loves children! ;)

The only problem is there's a lot of lycra knocking about but you can't have it all.

I'm very lucky to have this on my doorstep it's now my second best place to eat in Keswick.

Keep up the good work guys

1  Thank Terry B
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stopped here for a quick tea and cake break. The tea was lovely, the cake fabulous (one of the best carrot cakes I ever tried, and I did try a lot of them), the scones again some of the best I ever had (even my husband, who doesn't like scones, said they were actually great). Service was friendly and pleasant. Loved it!!!!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Having read some of the reviews before we started our holiday I'd put the Saddleback Cafe on a list potential eateries and we weren't disappointed. We had the full cooked breakfast (for four of us) with tea and hot chocolate for the kids. All really good and would definitely recommend visiting if you get the chance.