“Make a reservation or be prepared for a long wait.”
Review of The Pheasant Inn

The Pheasant Inn
Ranked #8 of 141 Restaurants in Keswick
Price range: US$14 - US$21
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived here about 7pm so it was busy. We found a table for two, sat down and the server came over and told us to move as the table was reserved. There was no sign on it, we moved not wishing to protest and she then put a sign up. Got another table and ordered then waited and waited. Food was hot but average and pricey. Wont go back. Interesting that people on the next table had the same opinion.

2  Thank Dianne G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,146)

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I live just outside of Keswick and eat regularly at The pheasant Inn. The food has always been superb & you are always sure of a warm welcome & good banter from friendly and helpful staff.
I love the camembert starter...good to share as portions are generous! I tend to drink wine of which there is a good choice on the wine list and my friends tell me the beer is very good too!!
The Pheasant is very popular with locals...says it all really! I am looking forward to my next visit and the fantastic fish pie, yum!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have eaten here on every visit I have taken to Keswick, and the quality of food has been very good every time. It is a very good character pub with a good selection of ales, wines and food, just what you need after a days walking in the fells.

1  Thank Bill B
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Okay phenomenal may be overstating a little but I like a bit of alliteration! My sister and I enjoyed a delicious meal at the Pheasant. I loved the gooey Camembert with plenty of dipping sticks to enjoy it all and main of beef and Cumberland Ale pie was yummy with fab homemade chips. I chose the lemon posset for dessert as nice and light after scrumptious starter and main and wasn't disappointed, it was perfect. The service was great, it was a busy evening but the staff were all efficient and friendly. Looking forward to my next visit!

1  Thank jacfisher
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We ordered food and I had the Lamb Tagine from the specials board. My husband had a chicken dish from the standard menu and I was very surprised at the difference in portion sizes. His was served on a large plate (the same as all the other diners that I could see) and was served with a generous portion of vegetables. Mine was served in quite a small bowl with just a couple of serving spoons of cous cous and the same for the lamb sauce. The price was the same at £13:50 and when I asked the waiter to check with the chef as to why my portion was so small, all I got back was "the curry is vegetables and the tagine is a meat dish" - I gave up the will to live at this stage and decided that I would not be eating at The Pheasant again.

5  Thank Jinnie_G