“Not made to feel welcome”

Crosby Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 61 Penrith B&B and Inns
“Not made to feel welcome”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

On arrival all was good... Nice room and good location. However after time it appeared I was given no basic information. I was also made to feel like a child. Told by dawn on numerous occasions to lock the door correctly and switch my hair straightners off (who would have thought I was thirty next and recently married), I travelled all the way from Australia alone for a friends wedding. A good friend came to join me on my first morning for breakfast and paid so that i wouldn't be alone, dawn took the money and later told my friend she wasn't welcome. Following this I was made to feel totally embarrassed that I arrived 8 mins past 9 for breakfast (ALONE) when I was never informed of times etc. if your young and travelling alone I would avoid this place as you won't be made to feel welcome

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Holidays1321

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed at The Crosby on 23rd April 2014 whilst cycling C2C. Fantastic bike lock up. Gorgeous peaceful room, beautiful bath & comfy bed. Breakfast was delicious especially the homemade lemon curd! The Crosby is a true Oasis in Penrith. Highly recommend .

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

After a mizzly drizzly drive up in the rain from West Yorkshire it was a joy to have a great warm welcome upon arrival!

Our room was great, the hospitality amazing and we can't wait to come back!

The hostess with the mostess even gave us some legendary fudge to take away on our onward journey to Centerparcs! ;-)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Carlisle, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We arrived for an early check in which was no problem at all for Dawn who was so welcoming. We were given a choice of rooms and took the first shown to us as it was beautiful. We had a double room with ensuite shower room. The bed was comfy and the room immaculate. Dawn even gave us a parking pass and gave us a lift to a nearby hotel where we were going to a wedding. Breakfast the next morning was delicious. Central location, walking distance to town. Reasonably priced for great accomodation!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joanne G
Wingate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I booked here for my first stop on C2C bike ride. After cycling for over 8 hours the welcome was very warming and this was 20:30 at night. I had a room with a bath which was a very much needed supprise. Because of my travel i just needed sleep which i got with a comftable bed.I am sure if i needed anything then i only needed to ask and i would have been helped.
Next morning i got up to a lovely breakfast.
Only stayed just over twelve hours which was to short to enjoy this B&B. Hope to return and enjoy it more.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2013

10 of us stayed here after the first day on a c2c cycle for crossroads gateshead young careers charity we had cycled for 6 hours in the rain ! They dried all our wet clothes and stored all our bikes ! A great welcome ! The rooms are spotless and sooo warm n cosy the while house also smells amazing !!! The showers were fab n there is a lovely big bath tub too ! Breakfast in the morning was served brilliantly as we all needed feeding and out by 9 and the food was fabulous !! Would recommend this to groups , friends and couples x only 2 mins from town too so close to pubs n restaurants :) will b back

• Stayed September 2013
London
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights at the beginning of August. After seeing family in Scotland we'd decided to break up the journey on the way back and stay in Penrith to see some of the Lake District. Crosby is everything you want from a B&B - lovely house, room, comfy bed, good ensuite with a great shower and everything spotlessly clean. Not only that but also a truly fabulous breakfast. Dawn the owner cooks up a storm and could not have been more friendly. We're so glad we stayed here as deciding to see the Lake District was a last minute thing and we chose Penrith to avoid the crowded southern lakes. It was a good decision, Ullswater lake is just stunning and there's also a place nearby called Askham Hall gardens which is picture postcard perfect and has a wonderful café to boot.

The first night in Penrith we took pot luck in town for dinner and had a dire meal at a local Italian restaurant. The second night we drove to nearby Clifton on our way back from a boat trip at Ullswater and had an early dinner at the George and Dragon. Wonderful food and if you're staying in Penrith, highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple