9,729 results
All reviews lakeside inn pancake house sports plaza village centre guest services parc market cafe rouge executive lodge seven pines new style woodland lodge hired bikes aqua sana sports bar winter wonderland pottery painting ten pin bowling all ages
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I have been coming to Center Parcs since the late 80s , and this was my first and last visit to whinfell.the accommodation was good ,spacious,and clean but the facilities were very poor.the spa costs the same as in the other venues but is very small and dated compared to the others.also the canyon ride was not working and as it was drained it put extra pressure on the indoor pool making it over busy.i am used to everything being overpriced and always bring plenty of supplies to reduce the impact.also the supermarket is being refurbished- there is a makeshift one but obviously no extensive fresh bakery counter which is a shame.

1  Thank deanm706
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

After watching the advert on television I couldn't wait to get to whinfel Forrest. Thinking it would be a family orientated atmosphere, how wrong I was. It's geared at one thing only and that's MAKING MONEY. Every single building and activity both indoors and out makes cash and lots off it. The outdoor tree trek for example ( which at the highest level takes no more that 15 mins) completed by my 9 year old daughter should possibly cost around £5 (It's not worth a penny more) But in centre Parcs it's £30 and since I have 3 children, £90 for 15 mins off your day is anything but a bargain. Centre Parcs will argue that they are usually at 97% capacity and they price check against other similar sites in the uk. I do believe that that the capacity is correct but the price check I'm very suspicious off. I've been to most of the haven sites and centre Parcs is way more expensive. I could go on for ages and give dozens of more examples than I have now but if you're not already bored then you soon would be. Just take this as advice. If you have 2-3 children and are trying to budget the whole holiday then base it on approximately £2-300 per day. This is for accommodation activities and a meal through the day.

But if you want better advice. Book a 5 star holiday abroad all inclusive with your kids and save a fortune.

7  Thank leeskelton1974
Chris_Center_Parcs, Guest Services Executive at Center Parcs Whinfell Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Sorry that you feel we don't offer value for money - your feelings and report have been noted and shared with our Management Team as part of our review process.

Thanks for taking the time to review us as we value all feedback, we also hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards
Chris
Guest Services Executive

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Just stayed at Center Parcs for the weekend and had a lovely relaxing break. Visited the aqua sana spa on Friday evening which was a pleasant experience to help us wind down. Bella Italia provided a enjoyable meal in a good location.

Our newly refreshed lodge was perfect, lovely outdoor area for a bbq and plenty of open plan room inside. Very clean and everything we needed was provided. Would recommend early check in time of 2pm to avoid the rush and give you more time to settle in and get out and about.

We did lots of activities including badminton, table tennis , pool and swimming and it was easy to book when we arrived. Would suggest pre booking the aqua sana though.

Lovely experience, thank you to all staff at CP.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Absolutely lovely place to go with the family.so much going on and you cant get bored. Beautiful woodland settings and fabulous for all weather's. Expensive mind, so take some food with you. Although theres plenty places to eat. Sub tropical swimming paradise is so good. Its heated to 30°c so regardless of weather its lovely. Baby pools, kids area, slides. Snack bar...

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Our first Center Parcs holiday, we loved it! The lodge was very clean, there was a cot and high chair ready for our son even though we had just provided his age. The forest is lovely and serene, the ban of cars during the stay was well worth it. We brought the stroller for our 20m old, so we didn’t rent bikes, and there’s a lot of bikes...maybe 2 paths next to each other would be good, it got a bit cramped with all the bikes.

The restaurants were ok, not great quality of food but alright. We used the BBQ at the lodge one night, lovely food if I do say so myself.

The weather was not the best, which is no ones fault, but; for a 20m old there is not that much to do when it’s raining. Yes there’s the pool, but even the smaller slides the big kids are hogging, and the life guards don’t seem to care. Most activities are 2yrs+, and the few activities there was were booked up well before I even booked the trip. You know what would be great, Center Parcs? A massive soft play. Especially for active toddlers.

We will be back, but maybe not for a couple of years, so we can enjoy the activities as well!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel