“Waited 40 mins for a posh sandwich before leaving to get food elsewhere”
Review of No 15 Cafe - CLOSED

No 15 Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I've never been here, and I've heard the food is good, so thought I'd give it a try. Unfortunately, I still have no idea what the food is like after waiting 40 mins for a smoked salmon bruchetta, basically a posh sandwich. I placed my order and then relaxed on the sofa, it was only when I noticed a couple who had come in after me getting their food that I realised I'd been there for 20 mins. I spoke to the waiter who had taken my order, and it turned out he had forgotten to pass it through to the kitchen. Fair enough, he apologised and offered me a free drink so I was OK with that, thinking that at least they would put a rush on it. However, another 20 mins later and still no food, I could see in the entrance to the kitchen and I saw a guy opening a packet of avocados which were part of my dish, and I guessed that they hadn't even started it, which proved to be the case. When I spoke to them they said they had run out of avocados. Well, why didn't they tell me that when they realised the order had been missed and asked if I wanted to order something else? Poor service, and disappointing attitude, they apologised, but it was fairly perfunctory and blamed various other factors as if that made it OK. I won't be bothering to find out if the food is any good after this.

3  Thank Lucy T

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great little cafe with good food, delicious baking (the best in Penrith as far as I'm concerned), good coffee and a nice atmosphere.

1  Thank Bryony C
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Excellent food with lovely atmosphere. Caters for veggies always something different on menu. very handy for town centre

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Hubby and I called in for lunch, it was not too busy and we sat in the front seating area.
Great menu, food cooked to order, well presented and very tasty.
Used the free wi-fi but the signal was quite poor.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stopped here for a coffee and asked a guy if they had a cushion for me to sit on as chairs were hard wooden ones, he wandered off and while we waited talked to someone through the back, then strolled back and told me they didn't have cushions, there were some sofas which were at that time occupied...so off we went never to return!

3  Thank Vee M