Strickland Arms
1863 Bar Bistro Rooms(Pooley Bridge)
US$134
US$132
US$129
US$121
Travelodge Penrith(Penrith)(Great Value!)
All reviewspiesthe pubmenu is extensivebunk bedslog burningcoast to coastpublic houseplenty roomexcellent hostswarm welcomestayed for one nightevening meal and breakfastweekend stayset us up for the daynext morningboth morningscomfortable room
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I was part of a 11 man team of bike riders doing the Coast to Coast bike ride last year in July.
We stayed here on our first night, Anton and Penny were great hosts.The beer and food is really good, Some of the lads stayed in the Yurt which sleeps 8 people which has its own bathroom facilities, highly recomended and to which Anton says he was going to build another one.
The rooms in the b&b itself are really clean and comfortable.Nothing was to much trouble for them. I went back in August last year with my wife and kids for something to eat and drink and had another good night.
This place is good for couples, familys or groups walking or biking , hopefully i will get back to visit this August ...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Having eaten here before as it is near our static caravan it is a lovely find. The welcome warm, the village pub atmosphere excellent and the food basic but lovely. This is a no frills pub with accommodation. The menu is extensive and despite the lack of tomato and basil soup which was on the menu but on the night unavailable, even my fussy husband was impressed! I had the fishcake, just great and he had the lasagne of which he ate every it! I didn't mention the starters but the garlic mushrooms and accompanying garlic bread were to die for! We come here every time we visit the Lakes and we are working our way through the vast menu. Worth a visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stopped off here for lunch on the way to Keswick and we were pleased we had. Having done an internet search for a country pub the Strickland Arms appealed because of the favourable reports of previous reviewers and the handy location.
We sampled the home made pies which were really very tasty and the traditional Sunday Lunch also got the thumbs up.
The host and staff were really welcoming and friendly and the pub was pleasingly traditional and unspoilt.
We would like to stay b & b as the location is peaceful and seems to be perfect for walking.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Although slightly off the C2C route it was well worth making the diversion to stay here. A special personal service with warmth and humour. Nothing was too much trouble and to top it all we got to see Sir Bradley's yellow jersey. Thanks Anton and Penny for making it so memorable.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2013

My family and I stayed here in November, the pub rooms were booked out so we stayed in the log yurt all together which was surprisingly spacious for all 6 of us as well as being cosy and warm. You had everything you could think of from tea, coffee, fruit teas & a variety of local biscuits with your kettle. Beds are really comfy and it is so peaceful you have a really great nights sleep.
Penny and Anton are really warm and welcoming hosts. It is a lovely traditional pub complete with log fire and traditional ales. It seems the cycling world from Sky GB have also discovered this jewel as they were there in the summer, as Anton loves to talk about it.
We really enjoyed the meals here as they have a fantastic range and really good value for money. Even though they were booked out one evening in the dining room we ate in the pub and the service is always magnificent as they try not to keep you long, but it’s always worth the wait as the food is freshly cooked, Penny’s pies are amazing and the steak was the best I have had and is all locally sourced.

There are so many different places and walks around within the area that we still have not discovered so we will definitely be back soon!
my son who is an avid sports fan and read about it on the web-Bradley wiggins & sky team were there too and enjoyed their day with Anton & Penny
This couple are all for promoting local businesses and bringing economy around their area.
I know his meat is all locally sourced from a farmer, and milk from a local dairy. You always get a warm welcome by the hosts who make you feel special, unfortunately most of the places I have been you are another number on their guest list, and they certainly never remember your name! Also the food is great and is not as expensive as some of the venues around there, so value for money definitely. The rooms are clean & tidy as is the pub and they cannot do enough for you. It is quiet place and not far from quite a few of the wonderful walks around there. BUT that is my opinion, I have already said I will definitely be back there again as there were a couple more places I would love to see.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family