“Anniversary Lunch”

Ranked #38 of 67 Penrith B&B and Inns
Penrith, England, United Kingdom
“Anniversary Lunch”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

If you are ever in Penrith on a Sunday The Station Hotel does the best Carvery for Sunday Lunch, we recently took a party of friends & family to celebrate our 40th wedding aniversary, the lunch was excellent, staff very helpful, lovely surroundings .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Durham
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Bright yellow walls made it hard to sleep past daybreak especially as the curtains didn't cover the windows. Victorian feel to room. Toilet flush was terrifying- some kind of box fitted? Was clean enough. Plenty of tea and coffee. Friendly staff.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My sister and I stayed here in February 2014, we had two single rooms. They were both adequately furnished and with en-suites.
The proprietors were brilliant, they couldn’t do enough to ensure you were comfortable and very accommodating. All of the staff were very friendly and the food was great. I found it great value for money and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

I arrived no where to park called the hotel. They directed me to a cycle shop across the road or said morrisons car park. When I got in I asked about breakfast and evening meal, no you can't have breakfast there is no chef on. I asked could I come down when showered and put my food and drink on one bill, er er yes but you need to pay for the hotel first. I went up to the room I was not too happy the bed was so narrow my shoulders were inches from the edge. The ensuite was tiny and needed tidying up. The radiator didn't work they had a electric oil heater that was useless. I actually went out to a local Indian when I returned I went straight to my room I could smell smoke really bad someone was smoking and being a none smoker it was not pleasant. I got in bed to watch tv the room was freezing cold the quilt was about an inch thick. I was kept awake by boy racers around the town I was really surprised the police were not about. Also the music was on in the bar or the tv and it was directly underneath. I will not be going again.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Mike_mozza_morris
Penrith, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013

One of our favourite local eating places.Staff always greet you with a smile, lovely atmosphere in the dining room. I had pumpkin soup for a starter, my friend had liver pate', followed by roast beef from the carvery with a good variety of vegetables, all delicious. Would definately recomend a visit.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Cwmbran, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Six of us stayed here in september and looking at the hotels website this looked a nice place.
The rooms are desperate for an upgrade but on a plus note the food was very good . Wouldn't stay again but would definitely go back for a meal.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank philip p
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Central position .... Great value hotel .... Will stay again ... Had one of the single rooms clean with shower ... Good breakfast / lively bar and nice staff ?. Would recommend ... Parking outside only three spaces however you can park over the road

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business