We are a family of 5 and stayed here after 3 of us had spent 10 days cycling round the lake district. The room catered for 5 people, perfect, the staff were brilliant and let us put our bikes in a downstairs room, the facilities are lovely. My 4 star is for the restaurant. Our meal was nice, we had the chateau briand, one of my children had the penne pasta as a childrens portion, it was a fairly large plate with a small bowl in the middle, filled with literally 6 pieces of penne, my 3 year old could eat more than 6 pieces of penne from being about 12 months old, my 10 year old wasn't impressed, we did joke about it and often do. Also at breakfast they started clearing away the buffet early and one of my children who had chosen to have cereals and fruit first hadn't had chance to get to the buffet, it was a good time before the advertised serving time too, so i had to ask for something. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again though, but would be a bit more careful about dinner choices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The traditional hunting lodge style of the North Lakes Hotel & Spa, Penrith reflects the rugged beauty of the Lake District. Local stone, natural wood and open log fires create a genuine 'away from it all' environment in this exclusive 4 star resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your North Lakes Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- North Lakes Hotel And Spa
- North Lakes Penrith
- North Lakes Hotel & Spa Penrith, Cumbria