It is with regret that I have to write a poor review for North Lakes. Firstly the location is unfortunate. It's very urban and not in keeping with what you'd expect from the Lake District. The first impression walking into reception is great. The bar area and restaurant are very pleasing to the eye. However the room itself is very dated. The overall feel of the hotel is that it needs significant investment to modernise and remain in keeping with contemporary expectations. I would suspect most guests would select this hotel for the spa. If you are looking to relax and unwind this isn't the place for you. The hotel is very child friendly which is great for families but not so great for everyone else. Coupled with that the steam room was closed during our stay and wouldn't be fixed for 5 days apparently. The pool and jacuzzi area were incredibly busy the whole time which wasn't ideal either.
In summary, the hotel is very family friendly so if you have children then don't be put off. For everyone else there is a lot better in the region so keep looking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The traditional hunting lodge style of the North Lakes Hotel & Spa, Penrith reflects the rugged beauty of the Lake District. Local stone, natural wood and open log fires create a genuine 'away from it all' environment in this exclusive 4 star resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your North Lakes Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- North Lakes Hotel And Spa
- North Lakes Penrith
- North Lakes Hotel & Spa Penrith, Cumbria