I am a little baffled by the comments that its dated? its brand new, the inside of the hotel is literally brand spanking new and decorated to an excellent standard, the restaurant is superb the food is amazing, its not cheap but you get what you pay for. The gym/spa/pool etc is top class, very nice clean and seemingly recently renovated to a very high standard.
The only downside was that i booked through an agent on a comparison site and received confirmation that my room was a double with breakfast. When i arrived with my wife i was given a single room only? they said they couldn't change it as thats what expedia (whom i didn't book it with) had sent them? they refused to offer breakfast telling me i would have to pay £30 for it!!! very very poor from that respect, ended up having to go to ambleside for my breakfast!
The steak in the restaurant is Cumbrian beef and top top quality and i dont say that lightly....its expensive but was excellent and the service was very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The traditional hunting lodge style of the North Lakes Hotel & Spa, Penrith reflects the rugged beauty of the Lake District. Local stone, natural wood and open log fires create a genuine 'away from it all' environment in this exclusive 4 star resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your North Lakes Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- North Lakes Hotel And Spa
- North Lakes Penrith
- North Lakes Hotel & Spa Penrith, Cumbria