A bit of a shock on arrival, only what I could describe as 'smurf blue'. On entering the hotel although it was lovely I found it much too dark especially on a lovely sunny day. The room was very disappointing compared to cheap economy hotels I have stayed in, ripped sheets, very dated, scruffy lamps, tv channels were rubbish... and the doors, well they must have been the heaviest loudest doors I have heard in any hotel I have stayed in, we were kept awake from 1am until 4.30am by other guests in and out all night but because we didnt contact reception every time someone woke us up they werent prepared to do anything about it, although they didnt knock the breakfasts of our bill eventually. Food in the restaurant in the evening was lovely but lunch menu wasnt up to much.Disappointing stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The traditional hunting lodge style of the North Lakes Hotel & Spa, Penrith reflects the rugged beauty of the Lake District. Local stone, natural wood and open log fires create a genuine 'away from it all' environment in this exclusive 4 star resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your North Lakes Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- North Lakes Hotel And Spa
- North Lakes Penrith
- North Lakes Hotel & Spa Penrith, Cumbria