We stayed here in mid-August for one night, but wished we could stay for longer. The room was lovely, with a 4-poster bed and views southward across the valley toward Shap and the lakes, though to be honest on the day they were masked by the low cloud and rain! The staff were all most helpful and even recommended a local pub - The Cross Keys - for an evening meal, which was first class. The following morning the hotel breakfast was one of the nicest we have tasted. All in all, it was a most pleasant night stop and is a hotel to which we shall return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A grade II listed Georgian Mansion overlooking the Market town of Penrith, The Roundthorn is set in its own landscaped gardens and boasts panoramic views of the Eden Valley and Lakeland Fells. All of the bedrooms are tastefully furnished with a mix of traditional and contemporary styles, and following a major refurbishment in early 2008 the cosy residents lounge and bar areas are perfect for relaxing after a long day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Roundthorn Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Roundthorn Country House Hotel Penrith
- Roundthorn Country Hotel
- Roundthorn Country House Penrith, Cumbria