We needed somewhere for one night before a booking at a hotel deeper into the Lake District and booked after reading the Tripadvisor reviews. You can only agree with the other five star reviews - it's an excellent stylish country house hotel with possibly some of the best views in the area. It was a quiet evening - so a little strange sitting in the deserted bar enjoying a meal from the bar menu - but it's really the bedrooms that are the main attraction. Super comfortable, clean with great showers, they really are delightful - particularly the views in the morning when you can see right across the Eden Valley taking in Cross Fell right down to the Yorkshire Dales and across to the Lake District mountains. To cap it all, probably the best breakfast I've had in a hotel for several years - excellent quality cooked food in a sunny and bright breakfast room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A grade II listed Georgian Mansion overlooking the Market town of Penrith, The Roundthorn is set in its own landscaped gardens and boasts panoramic views of the Eden Valley and Lakeland Fells. All of the bedrooms are tastefully furnished with a mix of traditional and contemporary styles, and following a major refurbishment in early 2008 the cosy residents lounge and bar areas are perfect for relaxing after a long day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Roundthorn Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Roundthorn Country House Hotel Penrith
- Roundthorn Country Hotel
- Roundthorn Country House Penrith, Cumbria