We (2 adults and 3 kids) recently stayed at the Roundthorn and had a super time. The setting was great with superbs views. Check-in was efficient and the staff were keen to welcome us and make us feel comfortable immediately. Our rooms were clean, well-appointed, spacious and very comfortable. We really liked the feel of the hotel especially the open fires. It was nice to be somewhere with character that felt so comfortable and welcoming. Throughout our stay the staff were friendly, helpful and, unlike so many places we have stayed, went the extra mile to ensure that we were happy. Breakfast was superb with great quality bacon, sausage and black pudding. There was also a well-presented and appetising selection of fresh fruits. We really felt the benefits of staying at an owner managed hotel as against a faceless "chain" hotel. Overall we had a lovely, relaxing time and for the quality of service we enjoyed, we do not feel that we could have got better value. We will stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A grade II listed Georgian Mansion overlooking the Market town of Penrith, The Roundthorn is set in its own landscaped gardens and boasts panoramic views of the Eden Valley and Lakeland Fells. All of the bedrooms are tastefully furnished with a mix of traditional and contemporary styles, and following a major refurbishment in early 2008 the cosy residents lounge and bar areas are perfect for relaxing after a long day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Roundthorn Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Roundthorn Country House Hotel Penrith
- Roundthorn Country Hotel
- Roundthorn Country House Penrith, Cumbria