We booked this hotel for simply the position between Gretna green and the area We lived much further south but how lucky we were for finding such an amazing and friendly hotel. What a view from the room!! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, we arrived early and before check in time but were welcomed warmly. The room was exactly how explained on their website, and perfectly adequate. The breakfast delivered exactly what was required after too many jäger bombs on the night before. Thanks to Ryan and Danielle for making the night light hearted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A grade II listed Georgian Mansion overlooking the Market town of Penrith, The Roundthorn is set in its own landscaped gardens and boasts panoramic views of the Eden Valley and Lakeland Fells. All of the bedrooms are tastefully furnished with a mix of traditional and contemporary styles, and following a major refurbishment in early 2008 the cosy residents lounge and bar areas are perfect for relaxing after a long day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, HotelQuickly, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Roundthorn Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Roundthorn Country House Hotel Penrith
- Roundthorn Country Hotel
- Roundthorn Country House Penrith, Cumbria