Booked two nights,first impressions what a great looking hotel in a fabulous setting , the views are delightful, we had a small issue on arrival which was resolved swiftly and professionally and thanks to the receptionist on duty for the manner in which she dealt with it. The breakfast was excellent, lots of choice, the cooked option was exceptionally good as was the polite service each morning. We also ate in the bar restaurant on our last evening and once again couldn't fault the food, it was so good, especially the home-cooked fish goujons, the best we have ever eaten. We will definitely be returning very soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A grade II listed Georgian Mansion overlooking the Market town of Penrith, The Roundthorn is set in its own landscaped gardens and boasts panoramic views of the Eden Valley and Lakeland Fells. All of the bedrooms are tastefully furnished with a mix of traditional and contemporary styles, and following a major refurbishment in early 2008 the cosy residents lounge and bar areas are perfect for relaxing after a long day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Roundthorn Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Roundthorn Country House Hotel Penrith
- Roundthorn Country Hotel
- Roundthorn Country House Penrith, Cumbria