Stayed over to break up the trip from visit to Scotland and was so pleased I changed it from originally planning to stay in Carlisle. Room at the top was ours and so spacious with huge bathroom. Quirky beams in roof and felt totally chilled out in there and quite happy to stay put! Meal was good value and tasty and the service is good and breakfast great and just basic stuff to please all. Because the Hotel has only few rooms ( in main building) it was nice to feel more home comfort than large hotel with no character. Views are fantastic and gardens are beautiful to sit and have glass of wine or just a coffee. Quiet surroundings, no main roads or noisy streets so slept like log!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A grade II listed Georgian Mansion overlooking the Market town of Penrith, The Roundthorn is set in its own landscaped gardens and boasts panoramic views of the Eden Valley and Lakeland Fells. All of the bedrooms are tastefully furnished with a mix of traditional and contemporary styles, and following a major refurbishment in early 2008 the cosy residents lounge and bar areas are perfect for relaxing after a long day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Roundthorn Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Roundthorn Country House Hotel Penrith
- Roundthorn Country Hotel
- Roundthorn Country House Penrith, Cumbria