“Ideal base to stay in the lake district”
Review of Mosedale End Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Penrith
Mosedale End Farm
Ranked #36 of 67 Penrith B&B and Inns
Anstruther, United Kingdom
“Ideal base to stay in the lake district”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My partner Tony and I have just returned from a three night stay at "Mosedale End Farm". We were very comfortable and Joanne was the hostess with the mostest. The food was excellent . The extra touches of cakes in your room and the facilities to make up your packed lunches good business sense and appreciated. I even was taken back to my childhood and fed bread to the chickens. We thoroughly recommend this location as an ideal base for seeing the Lake District with information in the rooms and Joanne's personal knowledge making our planning very easy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
JoAnne F, Manager at Mosedale End Farm, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Serving good food is what were all about, I`m glad you enjoyed your breakfast, picnics & the cake waiting for you in your room when you came home & had a cuppa!.Thanks for your kind words & it was a joy to watch you feeding the hens & transported back to yesteryear.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I decided to find somewhere to stay the night before our Centre Parcs break started. We wanted to stay in Mosedale or nearby and went for this place because of the pics and reviews.

JoAnne was a lovely host and was very welcoming. The room was perfect for us all. Our young son was very happy, there a was a selection of toys for him to play with in the room. There was a good amount of teas and coffees. The room was very clean and comfy. The complementary cakes were very nice and we were also left with feed for the hens.

The breaksfast was very nice, porridge for the little man. The wife doesn't eat pork so beans on toast for her. I had a cooked breakfast and various other bits. Once again JoAnne couldn't be more accommodating.

Feeding the hens was enjoyable for our son and afterwards we got to go and see the lambs. Only stayed there for one night but it was really good to show our son some animals up close.

Would highly recommend this beautiful little farm to anyone wanting to stay in the area. We will definitely stay next time we go to the lake district.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Daniel M
JoAnne F, Manager at Mosedale End Farm, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
I thought it was great that the Mosedale Family came to stay at Mosedale!.Thanks for your lovely review. It was my pleasure to show you the lambs and answer all your questions.
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed in the area for the Keswick half marathon and a bike time trial. We stayed one night and just loved it. We will be back! Gorgeous views, stunning home, very quiet. Just the lambs bleeting. JoAnne was the perfect host. Amazing fresh eggs and homemade bread for breakfast. Wish we had been staying longer! I even stroked a lamb!

Room Tip: We had the Grainary room but they all looked fantastic.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
JoAnne F, Manager at Mosedale End Farm, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a fantastic review. Our rural location makes us a great base for fell running and biking.
Gosport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My wife and I arrived just before Easter in the hope of seeing some lambing and enjoying the Lake District scenery. Within 2 minutes we were in the lambing field experiencing our first "Lambing Live" with our hosts JoAnne and Andrew. The rest of our, too short stay, was equally enjoyable, the room was spacious and very clean and warm, and overlooking the lambing fields and hens to the front and the fell to the rear from a balcony. Breakfast was big and good, but hey we were on holiday and had time to walk it off before dinner at local pub. The area is close to Ullswater, one of the prettiest lakes, and we saw 4 red squirrels at Haweswater. A great base for walking (Skidaw/Blencathra), touring or just staying and enjoying the farm.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
JoAnne F, Manager at Mosedale End Farm, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
A birth of a lamb is always special no matter how many times you see it. I`am glad you enjoyed the bonus of watching a birth as well as being shown the new born calves.
I believe a great breakfast is the best way to start your days walking.
It was lovely to meet you & thanks for taking the time to give a review.
Virginia
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Our room was spacious and comfortable, with a scenic view across the valley. Breakfast was great - we loved the spiral Cumbrian sausages. Hosts were most accommodating, and we learned quite a bit about sheep and modern sheep farming. Very quiet location, but easy to find. I went for a morning walk down the lane to the creek - very refreshing, before breakfast. we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
JoAnne F, Owner at Mosedale End Farm, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
It was a pleasure to welcome you to our working sheep farm & answer all your questions about the sheep. For breakfast I serve Cumberland sausage which is traditional to this area & very tasty.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I booked 2 nights at Mosedale End Farm for my brother and his family to stay at for his 40th birthday, and it was the best present he had ever received he said.

I would just like to mention that before my brother arrived at the farm, I was in contact with Joanne (The Owner) to help me keep his stay a secret but obtain all his requirements during the stay and she was the most helpful and delightful lady I have dealt with and she even offered to bake my brother a birthday cake and allowed me to send him birthday card directly there to which she would place on his breakfast table on the morning of his birthday, all these touches just made my brothers birthday extra special - so I would like to thank you Joanne for this.

The welcome was warm and inviting from Joanne who provided them with all the details of the stay and also advised places to visit during their stay.

Breakfast was delicious and freshly cooked, a definite and worth waking up for.

They were able to feed the animals which my 2 year old nephew absolutely loved.

They would HIGHLY recommend Mosedale End Farm, and if your are celebrating a birthday they would most definitely recommend Joanne's home cooked birthday cake - my family have informed me that it's The Best Birthday Cake they have EVER had.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Prabha P
JoAnne F, Owner at Mosedale End Farm, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Wow what a compliment " The best birthday cake you`ve ever had". Thank you.
I can make a cake for your special occasion too, when you stay at Mosedale End Farm.
Lowestoft, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We spent 4 wonderful nights at Mosedale End Farm from 10th -14th August 2013. Joanne met us with a warm greeting which made us feel most welcome. Lovely room and the balcony, which was a massive bonus.
Breakasts were top quality and the local sausages and farm eggs were excellant. Do take up the packed lunches on offer. Great value and saves all the hassle.
Many walks from the the door, Bowscale tarn was deserted and gave us a huge sense of power of the mountains, and all its seasons in one morning.
Circular walk round 'St Johns In the Vale' is a must, the views of Skidaw and Blencathra are spectacular.
Its a very interesting 4 mile round walk to Mugrisdale & 'The Mill Inn' Very good food and not overpriced and the place has that wonderful querky air.
Loved the hens and saw red squirels too
It was a joyous few days and went all to fast
We hope to return very soon.
Tim & Rachael Mason Lowestoft, Suffolk

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tim M
JoAnne F, Manager at Mosedale End Farm, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
It was my pleasure to welcome you both to our B+B. Thank you for your lovely review. I`m glad you enjoyed all the walking in the area including the walk to & from the pub,(just the right distance to settle your tummy) Then back to the Grainery suite to relax. Happy days.