“Excellent, relaxing fun!”
Review of Crafty Monkeys

Crafty Monkeys
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A warm family welcome awaits you at our craft studio where you can have a go no matter what age or ability! No booking necessary during opening hours for all activities apart from the potter's wheels where tuition is included. All other crafts Decopatch, pottery painting and mosaics initial instruction given as required! Prices start at just £6.50. We can fully glaze and fire in our studio or loads of take home on the day options. We have our own toilet and baby change. Hot and cold drink facilities.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Chippenham, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Excellent, relaxing fun!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I wandered in here on a whim this morning. We were presented with an array of things to do including pottery making, a fancy type of papier mache, and painting various items in various paints depending on the function and desired finish. We both painted something to be put through the kiln (which they'll only do once/twice a week so you have to be around the area a little while to do that), and had great fun doing it. We were left to our own devices as families came through and we really enjoyed ourselves. It has a nice atmosphere with good music and drinks available if wanted. We lost track of time: we were painting for two hours, but our finished works already looked like time and money well spent before they have even been through the kiln! It was £15 for our two ornaments which seemed reasonable. They have a huge range of really cool things to work with. I painted a dinosaur and my wife painted an owl. Highly recommended for a relaxing morning, but get there early as last entry is at 2pm!

Carlisle, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Phoned up last week to organise a trip today....”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Was told they were closed Monday but open the rest of the week...
And discover they are closed for a fortnight during the school holiday! Day trip ruined! What happened?

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Blufog
HKStockdale, Owner at Crafty Monkeys, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Very sorry to hear this. Last week we were closed on Monday and Tuesday which is our normal policy during term time. This week we opened Monday and Tuesday but closed from Wednesday for two weeks due to a long standing holiday booking, and having only taken over the business on 1st February at short notice, we have been unable to organise any holiday cover. Our closed period has been conveyed to our customers via our website, and also through any telephone enquiries. I can only apologise if you were told any different when you rang us, as this would have been a genuine mistake.
Penrith, United Kingdom
“Birthday”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Hi we came for my daughters 4th birthday. But I think the adults had as much if not more fun. We totally chilled out and found our creative side. Purchasing project s to continue at home and arranging dates and future girly sessions to be had here. The vibe was quiter than the previous owners but the new owners were keen to interact without been in the way whilst also finding out what product's and services we would like. Snacks are affordable. A home from home.

Visited February 2014
Carlisle, England, United Kingdom
“Brownie visit”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This was the best brownie trip I had been on. I went as a young leader. The brown owl had picked us to do the Potters wheel, so we all had a go at making a little pot and then we got to paint them. It was great fun! Would defiantly recommend it to everyone!

Visited January 2013
Kendal, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun for all ages”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I was given a voucher for a one hour pottery experience at Crafty Monkeys and had a wonderful time there yesterday. It's a great place with a very relaxed,welcoming atmosphere and something for would-be potters of all ages. The owners are skilled at putting you at your ease - advice is there when you need it but they're also happy to leave you to experiment on the potter's wheel. I can recommend the experience to anyone who wants to try a new craft and I thoroughly enjoyed my morning. Thank you Crafty Monkeys.

Visited December 2013