“Really Nice for Kids & Adults”
Review of Crafty Monkeys

Crafty Monkeys
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A warm family welcome awaits you at our craft studio where you can have a go no matter what age or ability! No booking necessary during opening hours for all activities apart from the potter's wheels where tuition is included. All other crafts Decopatch, pottery painting and mosaics initial instruction given as required! Prices start at just £6.50. We can fully glaze and fire in our studio or loads of take home on the day options. We have our own toilet and baby change. Hot and cold drink facilities.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Mold, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Really Nice for Kids & Adults”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We carried our 5 year old daughter to Crafty Monkeys on our trip to the Lake District. It was a really enjoyable experience for the entire family. Totally enjoyed making the clay pots and painting of various objects. The staff were very helpful and quite accommodating. I will recommend it for parents with young kids.

Visited April 2014

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great rainy day thing to do!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I visited Crafty Monkeys with my 5 and 7 year old daughters, my husband and my parents. My husband isn't really into things like this so he didn't join in but he really enjoyed watching the rest of us. You can help yourself to tea and coffee at a small cost. I designed a mosaic mirror and the rest of the party painted pottery. Staff are really welcoming and friendly. We stayed a good few hours which zoomed by! Something to do for all the family :-)

Northamptonshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Excellent Fun”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I took my daughter here as we were on holiday. An absolute gem, such a great range of things to do to get your creative side out. Everything is so well organised. The staff were so lovely, friendly, helpful. The atmosphere is great, music in the background, tables & chairs well spaced, bright & fun decor. I would definatly recommend this place and will look forward to returning to make something else next time we're back in the area.

Visited April 2014
Chippenham, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Excellent, relaxing fun!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I wandered in here on a whim this morning. We were presented with an array of things to do including pottery making, a fancy type of papier mache, and painting various items in various paints depending on the function and desired finish. We both painted something to be put through the kiln (which they'll only do once/twice a week so you have to be around the area a little while to do that), and had great fun doing it. We were left to our own devices as families came through and we really enjoyed ourselves. It has a nice atmosphere with good music and drinks available if wanted. We lost track of time: we were painting for two hours, but our finished works already looked like time and money well spent before they have even been through the kiln! It was £15 for our two ornaments which seemed reasonable. They have a huge range of really cool things to work with. I painted a dinosaur and my wife painted an owl. Highly recommended for a relaxing morning, but get there early as last entry is at 2pm!

Carlisle, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Phoned up last week to organise a trip today....”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Was told they were closed Monday but open the rest of the week...
And discover they are closed for a fortnight during the school holiday! Day trip ruined! What happened?

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Blufog
HKStockdale, Owner at Crafty Monkeys, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Very sorry to hear this. Last week we were closed on Monday and Tuesday which is our normal policy during term time. This week we opened Monday and Tuesday but closed from Wednesday for two weeks due to a long standing holiday booking, and having only taken over the business on 1st February at short notice, we have been unable to organise any holiday cover. Our closed period has been conveyed to our customers via our website, and also through any telephone enquiries. I can only apologise if you were told any different when you rang us, as this would have been a genuine mistake.