“A Gardeners and Foodies Delight.”

Larch Cottage Nurseries
Ranked #79 of 162 Restaurants in Penrith
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: La Casa Verde is located at the heart of the beautiful Larch Cottage Nurseries. The terraced restaurant serves a light mediterranean Menu, sumptuous home-made cakes and wonderful Italian coffee and wines. All food is made here on site using local produce and organic vegetables from our own kitchen garden.
Durham, United Kingdom
“A Gardeners and Foodies Delight.”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Larch Cottage is a true hidden gem. If you are a gardener or simply love great food then you simply must visit Larch Cottage. The attached Red Barn, is also filled with beautiful gifts mostly made by some very talented local artists. The restaurant offers fantastic food including some lovely Gluten Free cakes. The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to ensure that you have a wonderful meal. If you intend to visit please check openings times as they close earlier during the winter months. In all my years as a gardener I must say that this is the best garden centre I have visited with a choice of some lovely rare plants.

• Visited December 2013

Scotland
“Recommended by a friend”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I love gardening and am always on the look-out for different plants, so along with the chance to eat somewhere different too we decided to try it out. We were not disappointed, although I would say that the food was a little on the expensive side. The cakes are to die for so it is well worth the trip for that.
If I owned a garden centre, it would look just like this one!

Visited November 2013
joy b, Public Relations Manager at Larch Cottage Nurseries, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your first visit to Larch Cottage - and the cakes! I will pass your comments on to our restaurant manager.
Carlisle, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just lovely.”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I visited Larch Cottage on a cold wet and windy Monday Morning, I was welcomed into the Restaurant by the delicious smells and a warming sincere smile from the young waitress. A yummy (toffee and sultana) scone and a hot drink later and I had forgotten all about the terrible weather outside. Unfortunately I was to early for lunch but if it tasted as good as it smelt then it would be great! I have visited the gardens before I know they are beautiful. Just lovely, defiantly worth a visit in any weather!

• Visited October 2013
We look forward to seeing you here when the weather warms up - Maybe enjoying a relaxing lunch on the balcony!
UK
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

What an achievement for the owners. If you love plants and some unusual ones at that and have a few hours to wonder around then this place is for you.

The place is huge but you would never know from the front and don't let that put you off either. There are plenty of benches along the way through the nurseries and statues so that one doesn't get bored and to end a lovely stroll you can drink tea and each cake in their lovely restaurant.

Just a fantastic place to buy plants and have a cuppa whilst your at it.

• Visited August 2013
Cumbria
“It's been said before - 'hidden gem'!”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I went to this place with my Mum who has been here many times. The food is exquisite with lots of choice. The service was really good and I couldn't fault it one bit. My only gripe would be a couple of things were a little pricey but that is a minor gripe..

Worth a trip out...