“Penrith Travelodge”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Penrith
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Penrith Travelodge”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Penrith - Dirty duvet. Ripped duvet cover. Dirty shower curtain. Not an enjoyable stay. This is supposed to be an upgraded Travelodge. We were supposed to stay 2 nights - we left after the first night.
By comparison, we had stayed in the Glasgow Airport Travelodge a few days prior and this was immaculate, with very friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Jan G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The first two nights were spot on. Clean, comfortable, cheap etc. All the attributes of a quality budget hotel. On the third night however, things went downhill. I returned after a day on the high Lakeland hills (17 miles, 4200 foot ascent) to find the room unserviced. Dirty towels in the bath, a hospitality tray devoid of hospitality, unmadeup bed and dirty cups not replaced. Fortuitously, the missing cleaner had abandoned his/her trolley outside my door so I managed to aquire (and leave) new/used items for myself. I had tried to report this porblem at reception but others had collared the receptionist ahead of me and I couldn't face the wait. On the return to my room I passed another couple bearing wet towels making their way downstairs. I wonder, could I invoice them for my time?

Room Tip: Request a serviced room before you go to it!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank traveller1648
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge Penrith, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
We are sorry to learn of your disappointment traveller1648. Our housekeeping team are expected to ensure all rooms are replenished during your stay so it is regrettable to learn the problems which occurred on the third night of your stay. We will be sure to pass on your comments to the hotel staff so that they are aware of the improvements which are needed.
Malvern, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Room was smelly, carpet dirty, heater not working. Location was good as we were heading to the Lakes early next day. It was OK for 1 night but I wouldn't like to have thought I had to return there for a second night.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

The Good----- Stayed 2 nights and could not fault the staff who were all very professional, friendly and helpful
Obvious that it had been recently refurbed with new beds, curtains, bathroom taps etc. Freshly decorated throughout and nice and clean.
Good location at a keen price for the Lakes
The bad--- Toilet pan need replacing as the bottom was badly stained brown--not nice to see!
The beds were apparently new but the edges were so hard that the rest of the bed (being softer) sagged towards the middle. Poor. And as for the rock hard pillows!!!
WIFI!!!! £5 for 1 hour!!! What's this all about?? Almost everywhere I go I get free wifi. So disappointed as I paid upfront and had to use the hour in one hit--£5!!!! And it took 4 attempts to get the link. At these charges Travelodge seem to be challenging Ryanair for unreasonable charges!!!!
So disappointed as money has clearly been spent on the facilities but still misses the point and reflects poorly on the excellent staff

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eurotraveller777
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Penrith, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
We are truly sorry to learn that you were dissatisfied with your room Eurotraveller777. We do expect all our rooms to be cleaned to high standards and for our facilities to be in good working order. Furthermore, during the daily room checks, all mattresses that are found to not be fit for purpose should be replaced. We are also sorry to learn that you were unhappy with our WiFi charges. We would like to remain competitive with our charges therefore we would like to thank you for your feedback on this issue. We are sorry for the experience you had with us and would like to investigate the concerns that you have raised. Please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Quality in this case is a mix of fitness for Purpose and Value for Money, The accommodation was cheap, clean and comfortable, I'm not sure what else you look for in a Travelodge. This Travelodge is just off the M6 near the Penrith Junction. The accommodation has obviously been recently refurbished. I was stopping on my own, so was allocated a double room, which was very spacious for one. The bed was really comfortable, and the bathroom exceptional for my needs. Small things, but the shower curtain was on a Rail that curved out giving more room just where it was needed and the shower had firm handrails so getting in and out was easy and safe. As I say small things, but they made a difference.
I was in the Annexe, which was very quiet, although it was struggle at first to find reception which wasn't immediately apparent from the entrance road. The staff were friendly although I didn't really make much contact with them.
On site at the Travelodge are a BurgerKing and one of the few remaining Little Chef's, so food was available, and Penrith is close if you want something more sophisticated.
About the only downside was that you had to continue up the dual carriageeay for about Half a mile before turning round, but that not really a hardship. I would not only stay there again, but look forward to doing so.

Room Tip: If you can get one in the Annexe they may be quieter
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank davehoits
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

We stopped for three nihts over feb school school hols. Perfect stay, comfy new beds, excellent staff service. Family rooms have two new single beds. Clean and plenty towels. Could not fault for the money. Wuld recommend. There is a burger king at the little chef opposite now. Morrisons approx 5mins away have a resturant as well

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Peggy1brown
Cumbria
Reviewed 8 February 2014

A pleasant surprise to say the least. A clean obviously refurbished bedroom and bathroom comfortable and warm. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Stayed just the one night as my wife had a company "do" to go to and it saved the drive home. Highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wrighty320
Also consider these accommodations in or near Penrith
North Lakes Hotel & Spa
Premier Inn Kendal Central Hotel
Brantwood Country Hotel
Brantwood Country Hotel
#7 of 10 in Penrith

Been to Travelodge Penrith? Share your experiences!