“Great meals”
Review of The Kings Arms

The Kings Arms
Ranked #30 of 163 Restaurants in Penrith
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Recommended by the staff at Travelodge. Fabulous food at this small country pub/restaurant. Friendly staff, good quality food, very generous helpings & very reasonable prices. Ate there twice and would highly recommend.
Winchester, Virginia
“Great meals”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was recommended to The Kings Arms by the proprietor of the B&B where I was staying. Fortunately, I followed his choice because I had two delicious dinners here. Even though it was a holiday the staff worked me in because I did not have a reservation. The food and service were great. It was two very good experiences.
FrederickB

Visited May 2014

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Only for the locals!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

It seemed that good service was only for regular faces. My husband and I were visitors to the village and it showed in the poor service. We were ignored for 40 minutes so I went to the bar to order my own food when all other tables were being served. Got an apology and graciously offered a free drink only to get the same lack of service when plates were collected. We never got asked if we would like a pudding and or coffee but ALL other tables around us were!! Visitors BEWARE!!

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Annette S
bury st edmunds
“Traditional pub grub and lots of it!!!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

On a fly by visit to the lakes, we had the pleasure of eating in this lovely pub last Saturday night.

I can't speak highly enough of the staff who were working that night, who were coping very well with a lot of walk ins who wanted to quench their thirst after a beautiful sunny day in the lakes.
The pub was full to the brim and yes, we had to wait slightly longer for our food but it was most certainly worth the wait!
All I can say is...go for a big walk before you eat as the portions are HUGE!

The pub has a wonderful traditional charm,and the owners should be justifiably proud of their pub and the staff who work within.

No question, we will return on our next visit to this beautiful area....just remember to book!

Visited May 2014
Ilkley, United Kingdom
“Mixed bag”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We visited both Friday and Saturday evening. The experience was different in terms of food quality but the service was consistently excellent. You need to book to guarantee a table since this is the only pub in an obviously sociable village. The staff were attentive and friendly. There is every kind of dish on the menu and a specials board too. Great choice. The quality of food is much better than you'd expect for pub grub and portions are generous. The only grumble we had was that our steak was overdone but to their credit a fresh steak was cooked as a replacement which was both perfect and delicious. A small slip up is forgivable for a pub catering for large numbers. If the lasagne came in its own individual dish it would make a huge improvement on presentation too, otherwise it looks like tea at home. Overall a great relaxed place, top service and well worth a visit.

“Great Village Pub!”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The Kings Arms, Stainton is one of my favourite places, both to eat and to go for a drink with friends. The food is really good, lots of yummy homemade dishes to choose from. Whatever you choose you get a good plate full and are never left hungry! The staff are always lovely and friendly, nothing is ever any trouble. Throughly recommend it!

• Visited May 2014