“Well done under pressure!”
Review of Mill Yard Cafe

Mill Yard Cafe
Ranked #28 of 163 Restaurants in Penrith
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My first visit to the Mill Yard was Bank Holiday Monday! A challenge for any cafe. They were very, very busy and there was a long wait, but I had plenty of time and a newspaper to read and enjoyed the downtime. The staff were rushed off their feet but were giving a good impression of swans - paddling furiously underneath but serene on top. And kept up their friendliness. The food was worth the wait: the salmon and prawn quiche was delicious. I'm looking forward to my next visit - it will be very soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Ate here 3 times this weekend! Every time we enjoyed good food and excellent service. The small breakfast was too large for my appetite and gave you a wide selection of breakfast tastes. The soup was delicious along with beautiful bread. Scones (which we took away with us) were light and tasty. Altogether an enjoyable experience - especially visiting the ladies loo which has to have the best view going!!! Many thanks & looking forward to another visit next time we are camping at Greengill.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Was recommended the mill yard by a lady who was clipping my mates dog. Told us it was just own the road, very surprised to fined such a lovely place in the middle of no where !!!! And so busy a good sign :-)I ordered the breakfast just the small one but with chips my friend had the salmon quiche. We both we'r not disappointed it was lovely and they Even told us they had a phone call to say the dog was ready as there's no phone signal. But there is free w.fi. We will be back.

1  Thank Sandydeli
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The Mill Yard cafe is a superb place to eat, drink and enjoy yourself in the heart of a beautiful village. The food is all homemade by the chef/owner and is a credit to him. We've eaten here several times for brunch on a Sunday, lunch mid week, or homemade pizza on a Friday and it's always been excellent. I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Never been here before but found this gem on a tour round near at Kings Meaburn. Morland is just beautiful and the Mill Yard Cafe amazing! Simple but tasty menu. Vast choice of drinks. Both my husband and I had the steak sandwich with mushrooms and onions, both agreed the best steak (fillet!) sandwich ever in a wrap! The steak melted in the mouth with a beautiful flavour. The coffee was so tasty we had 4 cafetieres! The subsequent piece of home made coffee cake polished off the lunch! What a find, you won't be disappointed! We'll be back!