“Great Family run pub”

Ranked #74 of 160 Restaurants in Penrith
Price range: US$5 - US$23
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Kids, Bar Scene, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Eden
“Great Family run pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Last minute decision to have a run out to Pooley Bridge Inn for a late lunch with some of the family to find a very busy pub garden filled to capacity, being such a nice afternoon many people had the same idea, their seemed to be quiet a few customers waiting for their meals but food was coming from the kitchen at regular intervals, on arrival at the bar we were served quite quickly considering the amount of customers stood waiting to be served, from a good varied menu for all we ordered several dishes which was going to be about 30 minute wait, having sat down with our order number ( woodern spoon with a number on it) with a glass of amber nectar and a great view of the river it was not long before a sizzling Chilli Chicken meal was presented to me, a great heap of chicken, peppers and onions covered in a chilli sauce with a plate of chips which was admired by several tables on its way to ours! Well to say I was full was a understatement and tasty my word it was scrumptious as for the rest of the family they were also completely satisfied.
Good food, good range of ales and a happy friendly family run business is a recipe for success. Thanks to Ricki and his team, can't wait to return.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank EdenCumbrian

Melbourne, Australia
“Good food & friendly ambience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Pooley Bridge Crown Inn is delightful. The food is very good,the staff is friendly, it has a good atmosphere. The owners take pride in the quality of the food & check up if everything is to your satisfaction.
Can't ask for than that!

1 Thank Lili W
London, UK
“Rubbish service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Walked in from a steamer trip. One barman on duty, serving a long line of people ordering food at the till, no menus in existence, three other staff just chatting in the corner. Eventually tracked down a menu,. gave it 10 minutes for someone to help out at the bar, no help came, left and went to the Pooley Bridge Inn over the road.

4 Thank CarshaltonDon
Ricki L, Owner at Crown Inn, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
CarshaltonDon I am very sorry to hear of your dissapointment regarding your visit. I am not entirely sure which members of staff were ignoring , nonetheless it is unacceptable!. Customer service is paramount to our industry and I can only apologise that it was not up to our usual standard. If you could contact us directly on either our facebook, website or twitter, with more specific details as to time and date, I will personally look into this and compensate you for your dissapointment. We hope you will try us again.
“Good value pub meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Visited here for a pub meal while staying nearby, got seated quickly even on a Friday evening. Ordering is done at the bar and food brought to your table number nominated. Fairly quickly and theirs plenty of it, the mushroom starter and the crayfish starter are well recommended.
The sea bass, and the stuffed and wrapped chicken are great.
We inteded to go to the Sun pub as a change on the Sunday evening but changed our mind as the crown was so good.

1 Thank Anthony B
Hebburn
“Nice but costly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed a very nice evening meal with my wife, daughter, son in law and two of my grandchildren. Unfortunately because of the weather we had to sit inside as the Inn has a lovely garden area overlooking the river.
This is obviously a very popular venue for the locals as it was packed and we could not get near the bar but were lucky enough to find two tables together.
After studying a comprehensive menu I ordered our meals and because it was so busy expected to wait some time but the meals were delivered very quickly.
A mistake was made with our order but corrected quickly and I was repaid the overcharge.
The meals were well cooked and tasty with good sized portions, my only criticism was that they were double in price what I would pay in my local but as we were in a tourist area I expected to pay some more.