“Quick stop on route ”

Ranked #26 of 173 Restaurants in Penrith
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have been coming to Tebay for years and it's definitely improved. Had a lovely sandwich in the restaurant with a view of the pond and ducks! Was very impressed to see a good choice of baby food on offer too! Shop has a lovely range but a bit pricey!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Been here several times and never disappoints.

Cafe service good and the food above average,

Excellent local shop with good range of gourmet style foods.

Recommended

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stopped for a comfort break and a coffee but stayed longer as this is such a nice place to have a break. The table of cakes was so tempting we just had to have one each. This is an oasis of calm on the M6. There is a lovely shop to browse in for gifts and nice food, including a separate butcher's shop.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I regularly travel up and down the M6 and it has always been a pleasure to stop off at Tebay Services. The food is of a high standard and the shop also has a lovely selection of quality items.
Today however I have been left feeling that I don’t want to go back for a very long time.

We had a really nice day and were on our way back from Scotland and decided to treat ourselves to a meal so we didn’t have to cook. I asked in the restaurant what a particular dish was as I didn’t recognise it. When it was explained to me and I said I didn’t want it the member of staff looked quite annoyed as if it was a personal affront.
We ended up having a roast beef dinner, and what a disappointment!
It was barely lukewarm and the beef was as tough as shoe leather.
We had to clean our own table and throughout our meal we had to look at other dirty tables. We never saw a member of staff come anywhere near. It was a quiet part of the afternoon and not even that busy.

To cheer ourselves up we went for a look around the shop. I went to pay for my items and waited patiently behind an elderly lady who was struggling to pack her purchases away. The young girl on the till just stood and stared and never offered to help the lady. When it was my turn I approached the girl and she never said a word. I said ‘Just these please’. She took them off me told me how much it was. I gave her the money and said thank you. She gave me the change and I said thank you again. During the whole time other than asking for the money, she stood there in stony silence.
No hello, please, thank you, sorry to keep you waiting. Nothing! Very unfriendly, unhelpful and left me feeling ignored and angry. Not a nice way to end what had been a lovely day.

The meal was not up to scratch and quite expensive. The members of staff I had dealings with are badly in need of some customer service training. They gave the impression they are not happy in their work. I feel so disappointed and will be giving it a miss for a while.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

This is our favourite services, both North and South bound on the M6 (although they don't have much competition!).. stopped for lunch on way down yesterday. Extortionate prices, decent coffee, adequate food (but not exceptional for the price), good service. Breakfast there today on way home. Takeaway this time. Prices super-extortionate ... £4.25 for a bacon roll!!! £3 for porridge. And service disappointing...the lady that served us did not crack a smile the whole time, no please, no thank you in fact surly would be the best word to describe her. Maybe a customer facing role is not for her... Unfortunately due to lack of competition we will probably still stop here but they should look at their pricing and also their staff training. Unlike everything else at Tebay, a smile costs nothing