“A bit of an identity crisis...cafe or bistro?”

The Lemon Tree Cafe - Bistro
Ranked #23 of 163 Restaurants in Penrith
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Visited yesterday on my way through Penrith with my wife for morning coffee. The coffee was very good and very reasonably priced. We liked it so much that we returned later and had coffee with a cheese scone and lemon drizzle cake. Unfortunately the scone did not match the quality of the coffee and the cake was possibly the smallest portion I have had for a long time. There were some meals on offer which I felt fell within the bounds of traditional cafe fare but short of what I would expect to find in a good bistro. However, it would appear to be popular with local shoppers as it was quite busy. The service was excellent.

1  Thank Designerman2011

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

This cafe is worth seeking out we had a great lunch and service was very good the chips were heavenly and the triple Decker sandwich was delicious

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We picked lemon tree as it had seating outside the cafe, which was perfect when having pram. Service wasn't as good as last visit in January. Food was nice, however had the same as last time, but didn't get as much. Female member of staff wasn't the most friendliest. Not sure we will be going back in k hurry.

2  Thank welovefuerteventura
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We discovered this little cafe/bistro in the Devonshire Arcade in the centre of Penrith. The menu was varied and interesting, featuring local produce. The service was prompt and cheerful, and the food was delicious, it really lived up to its menu description! My husband had the steak burger with Garstang Blue cheese, served with a huge side salad. My Mother-in-law had ham salad sandwich with chips, which were homemade and again delicious. I had the fish platter, which included smoked salmon, poached salmon,mackerel pate,& prawns , with a selection of salads. It was all presented very attractively on the plate.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Mother and I had two very pleasant lunches here with good food and service. I can recommend the bacon and brie panini and the eggs benedict. The strawberry pavlova was very good also. The Lemon Tree was very good value for money. I lunched here twice out of three days in Penrith and would happily do so again. Recommended for a pleasant atmosphere, good food and friendly service.