“Fantastic Centre”

Leacett Cottage Riding Centre
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Centre”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Every year we go to Leacett whilst on our family holiday and every year the standards are second to none. Friendly, experienced staff, tidy well kept yard and very well looked after horses and ponies. Health and safety is always a noticeable priority and it impressed me the first time I went when they checked the riding ability of those in my group before they went out on an advanced ride and if they didn't meet the requirements they had to go on the beginners trek. My children have been trekking there every year since my youngest was 5. My children have their favourite horses they like to ride and It made me realise just how much care Leacett put into their horses when my daughter was unable to ride her favourite this year because it was his rest day and I know they are closed 2 days of the week so the horse must have 3 days of a week at least. Anyway I would recommend this centre to anyone visiting the area even if you have never been on a horse before you will be well looked after and have a fabulous time.

Visited August 2013

Essex, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Ok if you know nothing about horses!”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Having found our way to the riding centre up the gravel lane and hill climb we entered a stable yard to see about 30 horses fully saddled and tethered in full heat in a yard. We were greeted by a quite abrasive older lady who wasn't really sure what was going on.
My son and daughter were fitted with riding hats that were not secured properly and my husband was fitted with adequately with one. By this time I was ready to leave!
All riders were novices and were given laid back, easy mounts. (Being the only experienced rider I choose to stay on foot, just as we'll because I ended up leading). We had two young girls leading the trex and our children aged 3 and 5, whilst my husband remained alone. The young girl who was clearly in charge if the trek seemed knowledgable and made minor corrections to rider positions etc, she was also very friendly and made the kids feel at ease. The 30 minute trek went into Winfell Forrest along a track which was easy enough to walk.
My husbands horse had a loose shoe which I pointed out, but was told this was 'OK', given my children were both following on their ponies, I wasn't entirely sure of the safety my children if the shoe came off or well being of the horse (if being ridden regularly with ill fitting shoes).
When all was said and done, my kids had a good ride and my husband too. For me though, this was an experience I would not be willing to repeat. As a horse owner an experienced rider, this yard is not what I consider to be a good example of a horse yard.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank RJ1001
Dumfries, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“excellent”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We have visited Leacett riding center a few times and will certainly be returning. Its Brilliant. The staff are very helpful I went with a mixed group. Some could ride and others didn't have a clue. We had such fun. The horses were amazing and the location is beautiful. It is definitely a must especially if you have a love for horses and the country side.

Visited April 2013
Cumbria
“Fun day out!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We visited Leacett Cottage as a group of girls who wanted a fun day out, and that we had! The staff were all very friendly and looked after us very well, the trek through the forest is lovely!
Great place for families, couples or anyone looking to have fun!
Will definitely be returning!

Visited April 2013
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Super Experience"”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Visited Leacett whilst staying at Centre Parcs, we have horses of our own but the children still wanted to go for a ride whilst on holiday. I was very impressed with the how well looked after the horses & yard was, the staff were very friendly/helpful & catered well for our needs. Very professionally run & fun, the children liked that they could by a keyring of the pony they rode.
Thanks Leacett