“Pricey wine and frozen chips.”

Edenhall Country House & Restaurant
Ranked #130 of 169 Restaurants in Penrith
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We were staying with friends who live locally, and the 4 of us went for an evening meal here after seeing the place advertised.
We all went for the fish and home made chips and mushy peas. The Fish and the peas were very nice, however, the chips were definitely not home made and were frozen. Why advertise it, if you cant deliver it?? Very dissapointing.
The price of the wine was £4.50 for a standard 175ml glass which was only house wine.
All in all, it was an ok meal but we wont be returning.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Really disappointing the menu looked good, They offered a special Haddock, chips and mushy peas stating chips were home made. I thought I would get that but the waitress brought some out for a elderly couple. (Frozen Chips) so I decided on pate for started that was ok, the belly pork with mash serve with mashed potatoes , seasonal veg and a cider Jus. I was looking forward to the meal. When the meal came NO MASH, Little boiled potatoes in their skins. NO CIDER JUS, This was bisto with lumps. The seasonal veg were cold and drowned in water but that did thin the gravy and reduced the taste, Oh and the belly pork had been microwaved and was very chewy. I would never eat there again Id rather have a take away.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was our 2nd night on the C2C Trail, and it was great. The hotel was great, comfortable rooms, clean, friendly, good food, and very quiet. The Caramel Covered Cheesecake was spectacular.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We just had a meal for six. Five steaks, only two were decent and one was absolutely foul.
The pepper sauce tasted just wrong. The lettuce in the salads was browning.
Throughout the entire meal no one asked us if we wanted a drink and after the meal, no one even asked if we wanted dessert.
We did complain, but it was laughed off and we had to argue to prove the lettuce was brown.

I rarely complain, but the price of the meal, the service and quality of food have inspired me.

The worst meal out we've had in along, long time.

Would not recommend.