“A wonderful relaxing day”

Aqua Sana - Whinfell Forest
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We first went to Whinfell Aqua Sana nearly 3 years ago. I still remember how special we were made to feel by Jackie who showed us around the spa and encouraged us to take part in one of the sauna experiences. ( we now look forward to a sauna and the water bucket!)

During our subsequent visits, we have tried the treatments (massage and facial sessions and the skin analysis) I can't fault any of them - was especially happy with the relaxation area after the massage - I fell asleep.

The staff are always very helpful. We usually go for the day and have lunch in the café which serves very nice food (although we find that we don't actually want too much - must be too chilled out)

We were disappointed by our visit previous to this as we found the music to be just too loud and "disco like" for our liking. They had also changed the arrangement in the changing rooms and generally, the spa did not seem as well run as usual. I did write to express my disappointment, but never had a reply so decided not to go back.

However, we did go back last week, and I am really glad we did.

The changing rooms have been updated and the new lockers are a big improvement as is the arrangement where one can select one's own towel and robe. The spa seemed to be much more cared for and the staff were, as usual, really helpful but not intrusive. The music was back to being relaxing and not too loud.

It would be nice if it had a snow and ice room (there is one at Woburn Forest) but it's not a big issue. Overall, I am really happy we went back and will certainly be going again within the next few months.

I would recommend going for the day - if you just book a morning or afternoon, I think you may end up wishing you could stay longer. Whilst it feels like time stands still, it is a real wrench when you realise it is time to leave.

One option I would like to look at is going for the full day and staying on for the twilight session (in winter when it is dark) as I think it must be quite magical in the dark.

2  Thank PByork
There are newer reviews for Aqua Sana - Whinfell Forest

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Excellent value for money. I have been before but boyfriend had not and he really enjoyed the experience although he did not believe me when I said the outdoor pool was lovely and warm. You feel so relaxed by the whole spa experience and I would recommend this to anyone who wants to forget their cares and stresses for the day. The constant attention to detail makes all the difference and you feel a million dollars afterwards. We will definitely be back!

Only one little blip I am allergic to parmesan cheese and there were cheese straws on the elevenses cake stand. When I enquired at the café desk the gentleman said he would go and check. Kitchen staff should be aware the customer can hear "the box is downstairs". The gentleman did advise that they could not be sure but that they would check, unfortunately I am still waiting. I think a way forward would be to have cards for all items to show ingredients as I am not alone in having an allergy

Sharon_Center_Parcs, Guest Servcies Executive at Aqua Sana - Whinfell Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

I was delighted to read that both you and your boyfriend enjoyed your visit to the Aqua Sana, particularly as this was his first visit. I feel sure we will be welcoming you back again soon.

Please accept my apologies that our colleagues in Vitalé did not respond to your enquiry. All of our restaurants do have a food chart to which they can refer should a guest have any enquiries in relation to allergies. Having made enquired I can advise that the cheese used in the cheese twists is Medium Fat Hard Cheese and Emmental Cheese, however I would advise that products may change and I do hope should you need to enquire again, that my colleagues will be more helpful.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

my husband and myself have just had our 2nd visit and already looking forward to our 3rd!!
we just book for an afternoon and its the perfect amount of time to just relax and enjoy everything. always clean and not overcrowded, staff are friendly and reception is welcoming. we havent had treatments as yet and you dont get any hard sell on arrival to do so! Its great to just be able to go in and enjoy what you have booked without feeling you need to buy extras. changing room has been refurbed since we last visited and the new system is great and plenty of spare towels if needed.
We'll be back soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Been coming for about 7 years now twice a year really nice and relaxing in the world of Spa.
Would say it is much nicer in the colder months and at night. We have noticed it starting to become a place for hen party's etc which is more noisier then it was I think it more at weekends then midweek. We will keep coming back love the place.

Sharon_Center_Parcs, Guest Servcies Executive at Aqua Sana - Whinfell Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Our Spa's are an ideal location to relax and I was sorry therefore to learn that you have noticed an increase in the noise level particularly from large groups visiting the Aqua Sana. Whilst we want all of our guests to enjoy themselves we do encourage such parties to be mindful of the noise levels. Please be assured that should a member of our team become aware of any particular group causing a disturbance, they will approach them to remind them of the Spa etiquette.

I am pleased that you indeed to continue with your regular visits and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I have been to the spa several times, we usually stay at the holiday inn or my aunt's caravan, never at centre parts. The spa is fantastic, I have never been anywhere like it, with so many different experiences, the relaxing environment is lovely and it is never busy or over crowded. The pool on a twilight spa is lit up and lovely, day time spas are a also fantastic in the sunshine. The outdoor pool is warmest in the morning but can be chilly in the afternoon if the sun goes in. The food that comes with the spa day and Twilight offers are lovely as well. A few downsides, the walk through the forest is lovely when it's not raining, I've luckily never had to do it in the rain, but this alone could spoil a lovely day. Centre parcs are always trying to make more money and the spa is no different, upgrade on lunch, treatment s and products are all hard sell. Know what you want and there are some good offers to be had though. If you have ever been to the aqua sana in Nottingham this isn't as good, there are less 'medium' temperature rooms here, most are very very hot, although the water beds are lovely. Definitely worth the money, book treatments with your spa day as they are cheaper this way.

Sharon_Center_Parcs, Guest Services Executive at Aqua Sana - Whinfell Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and observations on the Aqua Sana at Whinfell Forest. Constructive feedback from our guests is always appreciated and I do feel that your comments will be helpful to anyone considering visiting the Aqua Sana for the first time.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind regards