“Pure relaxation with delicious afternoon tea”

Aqua Sana - Whinfell Forest
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Pure relaxation with delicious afternoon tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Afternoon tea spa for 2 (2-6pm) was good value for money at £54 each. Spent hours enjoying the 6 different themes steam rooms, massive sauna, massaging water pool, foot spa, water beds, and outdoor pool in the sunshine. Then we relaxed in Cafe Vitale with great tea, sandwiches, warm scones with jam and cream, plus cakes...so much!! It was a really great afternoon. Thoroughly recommend it.

Visited July 2014
Sharon_Center_Parcs, Guest Servcies Executive at Aqua Sana - Whinfell Forest, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your Spa afternoon and it sounds like you made good use of all of the rooms on offer. We aim to offer value for money in all of our packages, and it is pleasing to read that you found the afternoon tea spa package to be value for money.

I feel sure we will be welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards
Sharon Press
Guest Services Executive

Carlisle, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Spa Day for 2 booking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Spent Saturday in the Spa, booked in twos 8 in our group in total. First impressions very good. Changing areas all very clean and new looking. My first visit, which was enjoyable, my friend had been before, beware of how busy it can be I think a midweek day would have been quieter a tad overcrowded with robes and towels everywhere and claiming all the loungers! ...and then the fire alarm went off...where were the staff telling everyone to make their way out? another spa goer said we were being asked to make our way out to reception no real organisation here was there a fire I don't know.anyway we were soon allowed to go back in....maybe just a drill!
Food and drink included in our spa day was good. Nice little extras like water fountain and juice available all day,and flannels. Staff also came around with lemon sorbet.

1 Thank Julie B
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Absolute bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My sister in law and I enjoyed a blissful afternoon Spa whilst at Centre Parcs on a break. We have been before and knew we would enjoy the experience however this time we came across some added extras. As well as the water fountains, fresh juice was provided along with flannels and ice to cool off between experiences.
We weren't made aware on our arrival but after seeing a few ladies in a group at the back of the spa near the sauna seemingly listening to a demo about beauty products I enquired with a member of staff. We were informed that "seminars" were held and the details were on the notice board as you come out of the changing area (not sure how we missed it) We were sat ready for the next slot and enjoyed sampling the lovely elemis products giving ourselves a mini facial!
We later joined in the Sauna experience. A great opportunity to use a Sauna too it's full potential under the direction of Ellie (I hope that was her name) who was exceptional by virtue of her enthusiasm. The peer pressure even got me under the bucket of cold water as part of the sauna experience which I as glad I did and was nowhere near as bad as I imagined.
These two small extras really enhanced our afternoon. Well worth the money for an afternoon escape!

Visited June 2014
Sharon_Center_Parcs, Guest Services Executive at Aqua Sana - Whinfell Forest, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your most recent visit to the Aqua Sana at Whinfell Forest. It certainly sounds like you made full use of your afternoon in the Spa to enjoy some wonderful experiences. The seminars are a great way to try the products we have on offer and I am sure your came away feeling relaxed.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sharon Press
Guest Services Executive
Manchester, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“so relaxing and peaceful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Myself and my partner love the aqua sana. Have visited several times it is always clean, peaceful with well trained polite staff. The cafe is great for a drink and nibbles and the treatments are well worth indulging in, look out for offers on the website. Can't wait to go back again soon.

Visited November 2013
York, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A wonderful relaxing day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We first went to Whinfell Aqua Sana nearly 3 years ago. I still remember how special we were made to feel by Jackie who showed us around the spa and encouraged us to take part in one of the sauna experiences. ( we now look forward to a sauna and the water bucket!)

During our subsequent visits, we have tried the treatments (massage and facial sessions and the skin analysis) I can't fault any of them - was especially happy with the relaxation area after the massage - I fell asleep.

The staff are always very helpful. We usually go for the day and have lunch in the café which serves very nice food (although we find that we don't actually want too much - must be too chilled out)

We were disappointed by our visit previous to this as we found the music to be just too loud and "disco like" for our liking. They had also changed the arrangement in the changing rooms and generally, the spa did not seem as well run as usual. I did write to express my disappointment, but never had a reply so decided not to go back.

However, we did go back last week, and I am really glad we did.

The changing rooms have been updated and the new lockers are a big improvement as is the arrangement where one can select one's own towel and robe. The spa seemed to be much more cared for and the staff were, as usual, really helpful but not intrusive. The music was back to being relaxing and not too loud.

It would be nice if it had a snow and ice room (there is one at Woburn Forest) but it's not a big issue. Overall, I am really happy we went back and will certainly be going again within the next few months.

I would recommend going for the day - if you just book a morning or afternoon, I think you may end up wishing you could stay longer. Whilst it feels like time stands still, it is a real wrench when you realise it is time to leave.

One option I would like to look at is going for the full day and staying on for the twilight session (in winter when it is dark) as I think it must be quite magical in the dark.

2 Thank PByork