“Amazing”

Aqua Sana - Whinfell Forest
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Came here for my girlfriends birthday and it was superb. The receptionist saw the birthday badge and put a couple of glasses of fizz behind the bar for us, a lovely gesture! The spa itself was great, with plenty of different things to do. The staff were incredibly friendly and couldn’t do enough for us. Overall a great experience, would highly recommend!

1  Thank Matthew P
in 6 reviews
"lovely spa"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We recently visited here when we went to Centre Parcs. The spa itself was very attractive and spotlessly clean. However when we went to check in, the lady behind the counter explained that I could not have the 55 minute back massage I booked because it had not been 6 months since I had a C section. I was literally 7 days from it being exactly 6 months since I had the C section. If I had gone to the spa the week after then it would of been fine. I was quite annoyed at this as I had paid £89 for this spa package and had been looking forward to it for months. The lady behind the counter also explained that it was in the "Terms and Conditions" and that I obviously would of known that I couldn't have it if I had read it. I did see it on the website however I have been signed off by a doctor and on the website it says you have to consult your doctor, so I thought it would be fine.

Instead I went for the scalp massage and facial even though it was not what I had booked. The rest of the day was great though however. I was so relaxed and loved every minute of it. I will return and hopefully get my back massage!!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Visited the spa spontaneously, hoping there would be appointments available and luckily there were! We arrived at 12.45noon and booked in for half hour treatments at 1pm and 2pm. I booked the special offers of the day which included a back and shoulder massage and a facial. The massage was great, the facial was ok. We both booked in to use the spa too, there was such a variety of facilities to use including water beds and there was complementary orange and cranberry juice as well as ice flannels. I would definitely recommend it and would come back again! The price for the treatments were £29, £35 and £39.50 each for the spa; £143 in total.

1  Thank vickiwslattery
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

This is a book in advance type treatment.
We chose the signature spa day for 2 which was £178. This seemed like a lot at the time but let me tell you whys it five star for us both.
This place is massive.
Reception is sprawling with professional receptionists guiding you through.
Lovely fresh, clean, cotton dressing gown and towels available.
Amazingly clean and modern changing rooms, showers and toilets.
I must say by far the best Spa and treatment day I have ever had and my wife stags me to loads.
We think there was 26 different relaxing rooms, pools and shower types to try. We got in at 9 and didn't leave until 4 which is a first for me as normally itching to get out. This place is mega relaxed. Set in a forest which was nice and windy. So much effort has gone into the detail.
I can honestly say after doing all of the rooms, having a quiet raf and then a treatment it has chilled me out to my core.
Kat did my treatment and made me feel at ease whilst also doing a massage that met my requirements of not being too soft but really working out my knots. I had a short facial included which really showed how soft and young my skin can look. Was well impressed.
We had breakfast snack and lunch snack included. The lady Reka who ran the bistro was the most friendly person I have met in a long time and really made your stay first class. Really genuinely interested in you and your stay. We applaud her work and recommend a visit.
The manager of the Aqua sana also was brill and helped everyone enjoy their stay.
Would recommend and by far my most enjoyable activity at Whinfell apart from a red squirrel being on our veranda during our stay. 5 stars beating off bigger competition with an excellent layout and outstanding staff.

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

The mother in law and I always book a little spa session when we come to Center Parcs, and have enjoyed Woburn a few times. This time we visited the Aqua Sana spa at Whinfell and opted for the 1pm to 3pm session.

Although the decor was more dated than the Woburn one (Woburn is the newest Center Parcs so it’s all relative...) it wasn’t unpleasant and the areas we went around was clean and more importantly cleaned regularly. Our spa host Linda greeted us very warmly and gave us a comprehensive tour of the facilities. She immediately put us at ease and made us giggle along the way. The foot spa is lovely, and the first few rooms also. Then when we moved on to the steam rooms, although they were initially relaxing, a few were rather too hot for us. We found using a flannel full of ice (these were provided and pointed out to us by Linda to use in these rooms thankfully!!) made the heat more bearable.

Our favourite experiences were the foot spas, dry Swedish sauna and hydrotherapy pool.

On our initial tour, Linda indicated the Zen Garden and advised if we wanted to go out there, for us to ask her to take us. I went with her. Linda is the jewel in the crown at this spa and is a very gifted lady. She performed reiki to remove my negative energy and restored my chi. Also, for those who are sceptical, she evoked emotions and told me things that she would never know about unless she was gifted spiritually. Thank you so much.

When we’re back this way, we will certainly revisit - however, the front of house staff in the shop could be trained better and to not shy away from customers. They did lose the opportunity to sell to us as they chose to speak amongst themselves rather than acknowledge us.

1  Thank MRsSteR