“Absolutley First Class!!”

Brandelhow Guest House
Brandelhow Guest House
Ranked #31 of 65 Penrith B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I cannot speak high enough about this guest house. Absolutely superb quality facilities, beautiful decor and a level of cleanliness to match any top hotel. The owners couldn't have been more friendly and made me feel very welcome. A completely relaxing experience and I would definately visit again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Fen61

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This really is one of the nicest B&B's I have ever stayed in. Friendly welcome, car parking disk provided and a genuine interest in my business interests in the Lakes. Room very clean and a nice big comfy bed. Plenty of hot water and warm room. Excellent decor with great attention to detail. The breakfast was 5*: fresh fruits and berries, strong coffee, fresh brown toast and the Hunter's breakfast! Advice given on local places to eat and where to watch the Sky sports footy match. I will stay here again. Recommended.

Room Tip: I am sure each room will be excellent. I stayed in the Willow suite.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter A
Reviewed 27 October 2013

my sister and husband and myself and hubby booked a double room each for one night while visiting family.The rooms were lovely, good quality furniture, bed, and bed covers were perfect. Our shower and en suite were spotless with nice towels, dressing gowns, toiletries, and the usual kettle, biscuits, tea etc. The dining area is spotless with nice table and chairs, all matching, and the breakfasts were tasty. We would definitely visit again, very peaceful and quiet guest house, the gardens were lovely, and will be better in the summer. A good value place

Room Tip: oak lodge room cosy, would book again
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I have just come back from a two night stay in Penrith, and this is where I stayed. I have NO complaints about the Guest House. What I liked about it was the warm welcome by Mel and his wife Lanie, the interior design of the stairways and my room, and the fact that it was very peaceful.

The breakfasts were tasty. I had the Elegant Breakfast (smoked salmon and eggs) day 1, and the Full English day 2. Even after I checked out, they were prepared to let me leave my bags while I went for a wander around town, and be there for me when I wanted to go back, even though they were going to be out otherwise. That was impressive I though, to SO work around me. In the end I took my bag with me.

There are many places to stay in Penrith, many more expensive I believe, but you might not find them any better than this.

Room Tip: I was in Oak Lodge at the back. NO noise at all.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lusitanian
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed here for only one night whilst on a hiking trip, and didn't arrive until about 7pm on the Saturday and left by 10am on the Sunday morning. We have absolutely no complaints though. The room was lovely, nicely furnished, super king size comfy bed, nice ensuite which was very welcome after a long day's hiking, quiet location but close enough to town to walk in. (Saturday night in Penrith was very lively, a good night out, although on a rainy Sunday morning it doesn't offer a lot for tourists, not many shops were open.) Breakfast at Brandelhow was super, very filling, it set us up for the day. Lovely friendly hosts who helped us with directions when needed. If you're planning on visiting Penrith we'd recommend this establishment.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I spent a coupe of days in Penrith visiting friends and stayed at this amazing B&B. The owners, Lanie and Mel Hancox could not have been nicer. The rooms were ultra clean and comfortable with everything you need. Their breakfasts were fantastic with home made bread, fruit juices, cereals and various cooked breakfasts including kippers, smoked salmon and scrambled eggs and so much more. They couldn't have been more helpful or accommodating. The prices are more than reasonable. A wonderful place to stay and just a short drive from all the lakes and beautiful places to see. Five stars from me.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed for one night en route from Scotland. The welcome was tremendous (tea and home made cakes), the room was absolutely spotless and very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious with a fantastic choice. I would definitely recommend this B&B. The only downside is the lack of parking in Penrith. The Zone around the B&B operates Mon-Sat until 6pm.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo